BOSS VB-2w WAZA Craft Vibrato Pedal
Boss have been making an incredible pedals for a few decades now. The downside of having such a long career as a pedal builder is that some pedals have come and gone with no sign of coming back. Now with the Waza all analogue series of pedals a lot of your favourite Boss pedals now have a way of coming. That is exactly what has happened with the VB-2W Vibrato which was originally available back in the 1980's!
The VB-2W is an interesting pedal as the original used a BBD-driven circuit which gave your whole sound this warm undertone that sounded amazing. Now pedals have moved on to the point where transparency is key. With this pedal BOSS wanted to give you both of those sounds so inside there are two modes, Standard and Custom.
In standard mode you are replicating that warm tone that the orignal was known for. Chuck it in to Custom mode and you open the pedal up with a low pass filter that moves with the effect and wider controls that let you dial in more extreme settings.
A Rare Replica
When we say the original VB-2 is rare we really do mean it. It was produced for just 4 years between 1982 and 1986 never to be seen again. This means that these are worth a tonne on the used market if you can ever find one that is. At the time of writing we can find ones going for upwards of £350! So when we say rare we really mean it.
Here's what BOSS say about the VB-2w
True Vibrato Expression, Reborn With Waza Innovation
Ahead of its time when it debuted in 1982, the VB-2 Vibrato has been rediscovered by modern players looking to create unique guitar textures with stompbox effects. Thanks to its expressive, one-of-a-kind sound, this rare pedal has gone on to become one of the most valuable BOSS effects in the vintage market. Now, the progressive spirit of the VB-2 has been reborn as the Waza Craft VB-2W. Using all-analog circuitry, the VB-2W authentically reproduces the true pitch-shifted vibrato of the original pedal, and also adds an innovative new vibrato mode and real-time control function for enhanced expression.
Waza Craft: The Art of Superior Tone
Since the beginning, the engineers at BOSS have been committed to achieving the finest guitar tones using any technology necessary, from old-school analog circuits to high-tech DSP. Continuing this enthusiastic spirit, we are pleased to introduce the Waza Craft series. In Japan, “Waza” is the term for art and technique, and these special edition pedals proudly carry the Waza symbol to represent the pinnacle of BOSS design and craftsmanship. With final sound approval carried out by BOSS in Japan, the Waza Craft series brings you exceptional tone and touch response through carefully selected analog components, refined circuitry, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Premium edition Waza Craft pedal delivers the ultimate BOSS tone experience
- Custom mode features a totally new vibrato sound with unique filter wave
- Standard mode provides a true reproduction of the vintage VB-2 Vibrato sound
- All-analog circuit with BBD (bucket brigade) vibrato line
- Control the effect depth in real time with an optional expression pedal
- Rise Time knob to control the initial onset of the vibrato effect
- Unlatch mode activates the effect only while pressing the pedal, ideal for adding vibrato to specific notes and chords
- Bypass mode takes the BBD out of the signal path to eliminate latency when the effect is off
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- 3 modes
- Pedal switch
- Standard/Custom switch
- RATE knob
- DEPTH knob
- RISE TIME knob
- MODE knob
- CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- INPUT jack
- OUTPUT jack
- DEPTH jack
- DC IN jack
- Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22)
- AC adaptor (sold separately)
- 35 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
- Alkaline: Approx. 22 hours
- Carbon: Approx. 4 hours
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTE," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
Size and Weight
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 450 g (1 lb)
Next Delivery Due: Thursday, 31 January 2019
Not currently in stock. We have ordered stock of this item.
- Order now & we will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Estimated arrival date: Thursday, 31 January 2019
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery