Electro Harmix have turned your guitar in to an organ with their B9 and C9 pedals. Then they set their eyes on changing it in to a keyboard with the Key9...Now they are changing it in to a Mellotron with the new Mel9. Built using the same zero latency technology the Mel9 completely changes your guitar signal in to that classic, warm, lo-fi sound that we associate with mellotrons.
9 New Sounds
In the Mel9 you have 9 completely new sounds that have not been on any EHX pedal before. From huge and smooth sounding orchestral and string based sounds that have enough power to fill a mix by itself. To smaller and more intricate options like the flute, clarinet and saxophone that have an incredible amount of dynamic control.
Here's what Wlwctro Harmonix say about the MEL9
The polyphonic MEL9 uses the same extraordinary technology as the B9, C9 and KEY9 to transform your axe and resurrect the sound of vintage tape-based keyboards.
- Pays homage to nine of the coolest Mellotron sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir
- Works on guitar without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and tracks bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs!
- Also works with bass guitar down do the open A string as well as keyboards
- Includes independent Effect and Dry volume controls so you can create the perfect mix at the Effects output
- Dry Output jack outputs your input signal at unity gain
- Attack control sets the volume swell speed. As it's turned clockwise the notes fade in more gradually
- Sustain control adjusts the release time after a sound is stopped. As it's turned clockwise, the fade out time increase
- Comes with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA PSU
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 89 (h)