Here's what Hudson says about the Sidecar:
Our take on the classic 808 circuit with the added versatility of a powerful two-band EQ which draws inspiration from a vintage Studer recording console. Packed with attitude and full of character, the Sidecar can cover classic overdrive and distortion as well as, at extreme settings, fuzz and boost.
The front end of the Sidecar is a modified version of the classic 808 overdrive, tuned for a bigger low-end, wider gain range and greater headroom. At the heart of the clipping section lies a pair of germanium diodes chosen for its ‘softer’ response characteristics, retaining your playing dynamics and feel. The powerful two-band Baxandall equaliser section follows the drive section and provides up to 15dB of cut and boost of the high and low bands, allowing you to sculpt your tone whilst remaining musical at all times.
- High-Performance, High-Fidelity Audio Operational Amplifier
- A pair of Germanium diodes
- Alpha / BI potentiometers
- Lumberg jack sockets (rated for >5000 cycles)
- Heavy duty Alpha foot switches (rated for >30,000 cycles
- Drive – Regulates how hard the pedal is driven.
- Bass – Adjusts the low end content of the signal, +/- 15 dB at 85 Hz (shelving).
- Treble – Adjusts the high end content of the signal, +/- 15 dB at 8800 Hz (shelving).
- Level – Sets the overall output.
- A standard 9-24 volt DC regulated power supply with a 2.1mm negative tip barrel. Running at higher voltages will give you more headroom, less distortion and less compression and sag. This is perfect for use on bass, baritone and low tuned guitars.
- Current Draw – 50mA