Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
Two distortions in one! The DS-2 has two modes so you can go from bluesy 'breaking up' sounds to searing solo in the twist of a knob. What's more, with the Boss FS5L footswitch (see related items below) you can switch between normal and turbo modes without using your hands - truly great value in a single compact pedal.
As you probably know, Boss pedals have a reputation for being built like brick outhouses! You can be pretty sure that however much you drop it, kick it, throw it and jump on it, it will still come back for more punishment! These pedals constantly survive the rigors of rock 'n' roll touring, and that's why they're seen at the feet of top touring pros everywhere. Reliability really can be affordable to all, and Boss are so sure that their compact stomps will last that they cover them with a full five year warranty.
Here's what Boss say about the DS2
The DS-2 Turbo Distortion features twin modes for an expanded range of distortion taking users from blues-rock rhythms to searing leads at the press of a pedal or twist of a knob.
- Classic BOSS distortion tones with added Turbo modes
- Turbo Mode I produces warm and mellow distortion with flat frequency response
- Turbo Mode II provides biting distortion with a mid-range boost, perfect for leads
- Built-in remote jack allows users to connect an external footswitch such as the FS-5L for instant, hands-free switching between modes
- BOSS 5-year warranty
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Output Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Equivalent Input Noise Level: -120 dBu or less (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, REMOTE Jack, AC Adaptor Jack
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry Battery 9 V type, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 12 mA (DC 9 V)
- Accessory: Dry battery (9 V type) S-006P/9 V (6F22/9 V), Owner's Manual
- Option AC Adaptor: PSA-Series
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight: 0.4 kg (0 lbs. 15 oz).
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms.