Electro Harmonix KEY9 Electric Piano Machine
The Electro Harmonix Key9 is one of the more interesting guitar pedals we have seen is some time. Built upon their already popular B9 and C9 Organ machines the Key9 focuses in on the world of electric pianos. Unlike other similar pedals through the Key9 is not a triggered sample. Instead it is a modulated version of your guitar sound which offers a whole bunch of advantages.
Quality Range Of Tones
Sometimes you just can't fit a keys player on stage or get your keys to the next gig. Unfortunately your set contains a couple of tracks that use different electric piano sounds. While other combinations of pedals can get you close none really offer the same quality of tone or accuracy as the Key9.
There are plenty of different sounds in this pedal from classic Wurlitzer like sounds to mallets, organs and even steel drum settings. For most rock, pop acts that commonly used an electric piano the Key9 is an excellent tool to have on your board.
While you could use a midi unit that triggers samples there will always be some form of delay with a system like that. So the Key9 doesn't trigger anything apart from modulation effects that it adds to your guitars sound so there is no latency with your playing.
This also means that all of he nuances in your playing will still come through. Want to hear a piano achieve bends not possible on a conventional electric piano this is how you do it.
Here's what Electro Harmonix say about the KEY9 Electric Piano Machine.
Completing the powerful trilogy forged by the B9 and C9 Organ Machines, the new KEY9 emulates the world's most coveted electric pianos and more. With 9 presets, you can transform your axe and lay down a cool "Riders on the Storm" style groove or some hot funk ala "What'd I Say!"
Take it from Mike Matthews who says: "You'll dig the way the KEY9 turns you into a Rhodes Scholar!"
- Transforms the tone of your guitar or keyboard
- 9 presets that were carefully crafted to emulate classic Wurlitzer and Rhodes sounds, plus more
- Presets provide control of the fundamental parameters that help define that instrument's sound
- Many presets include adjustable modulation such as tremolo, phaser and chorus
- Use it with the B9 and C9 Organ Machines to create your own powerful keyboard rig
- Fast and flawless tracking
- EHX 9.6DC -200 PSU included
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 89 (h)
6 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 26 March 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
3 in stock at our Guildford store
3 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery