Strymon Brig dBucket Delay Pedal
Featuring 3 bucket brigade circuit emulations, full stereo in/out capabilities, 300 presets via MIDI, expression pedal input & more!
There's nothing quite like the sound of a classic bucket brigade (BBD) delay — offering warm, rich tones and a distinctive yet organic gooey-ness on the repeats. The Strymon Brig dBucket delay pedal is designed to recreate all of the signature behaviour that these vintage BBD chips deliver, while providing the modern flexibility, power and performance that you'd come to expect from a premium Strymon product. Plug into Brig, play a note, and you'll instantly be drawn in by the repeats that evolve with captivating complexity!
Strymon's Brig pedal boasts three different, meticulously-crafted BBD voices that are based on iconic bucket brigade circuits. These offer you everything from gritty repeats and sci-fi psychedelia, to soft and dream-like soundscapes that you can float on top of. Warm bucket brigade modulation gives your repeats exciting movement and, at the shortest delay times, Brig works as a killer standalone BB chorus pedal too!
Add in full stereo I/O, TRS MIDI, 300 presets, USB-C connectivity for DAW MIDI control and firmware updates, a discrete JFET analogue input circuit for unrivaled feel and touch response, and seamless tap tempo functionality that allows you both artifact-free tempo tapping or bucket brigade chaos when you tweak the 'Time' knob — and you have a seriously powerful BBD workstation in compact form.
- Three distinct bucket brigade voicings based on classic BBD circuit configurations.
- Premium, discrete stereo JFET analogue input circuit for exceptional feel and touch response.
- TRS MIDI/expression jack allows for external control via an expression pedal or TRS MIDI connection.
- Full MIDI integration: 300 onboard presets, real-time parameter control and more!
- Full stereo inputs and outputs via TRS jacks.
- Mono-to-mono, mono-to-stereo and stereo-to-stereo operation.
- Artifact-free tap tempo function for on-the-fly time changes.
- Unique 'Filter' control enables you to precisely shape the tone of the repeats.
- USB-C jack for controlling via MIDI from a computer or for performing firmware updates.
- Super low-noise 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality.
- High-performance 520MHz ARM Superscalar processor.
- 32-bit floating point processing.
- True or buffered bypass, for a 100% unprocessed signal when the pedal is bypassed or a conditioned signal with preserved high-end integrity.
- Strong and lightweight anodized aluminium chassis.
- Designed and built in the USA.
3 Delay Voices
- 3205: 30-300ms. Recreates the character of vintage delay pedals that used a single low-voltage MN3205 BBD chip (synonymous with '80s Japanese analogue delay pedals) for gritty repeats that can morph as it feeds back — great for slapback echoes, leads, and psychedelic sci-fi sounds.
- 3005: 100ms-1 sec. Emulates the vibe of old-school delay stompboxes that used dual MN3005 BBD chips at higher voltage (like those famous "Memory" pedals, specifically examples made in the '90s) for longer delay times and warm repeats with a soft, dream-like quality.
- Multi: Features two cross-coupled, super-clean dBucket delay lines with golden ratio timing to create complex soundscapes and a huge stereo soundfield that remains musical and clean even while sitting on the edge of self-oscillation!
- Time: Controls the delay time according to the selected voice. Delay clock is continuously variable so that turning it while repeats are happening can produce interesting pitch effects.
- Mix: Sets the delay mix from full dry at minimum, to full wet with no dry signal at maximum. A 50/50 mix occurs at approximately 3 o'clock on the knob.
- Filter: Adjusts the EQ filtering, noise, and bucket loss of the repeats based on the selected voice.
- Repeats: Varies the number of delay repeats from one to runaway oscillation. Set to 3 o'clock for sustained, infinite repeats without runaway.
- Mod: Adds LFO modulation to the delay time. Modulation is off at the minimum setting. The modulation speed is slow in the first half, and fast in the second half — increasing in intensity as the knob is turned clockwise.
- Footswitch: Engages and bypasses the effect. A red LED indicates the effect is engaged. This is also used to enter 'Tap Mode' to manually tap in delay times.
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- A/D & D/A Conversion: 24-bit, 96kHz
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 116dB
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 4.5" x 1.7" x 2.2" / 11.43 x 4.32 x 5.59 cm)
- Power Requirements: 9V DC Centre Negative, 250mA Minimum (PSU Sold Separately)
Trusted Customer27th Dec 2023
Matt Evans16th Nov 2023
Mr David Plues17th Sep 2023
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+