Don't be fooled by its name: This pedal transcends the compressor category!
The Platform from Electro-Harmonix is the first-class compressor you've been looking for. It adds resonance, clarity and all of the added 'snap' that you desire, with a wealth of controls for ultimate tweakability. It also offers stereo in and out, perfect for recording or running a more complex live rig!
The limiter function adds consistency and beautiful resonance to anything that you apply it to - popping lines, plucked chords or red hot lead lines, your playing will adopt a new lease of life!
More Than Just A Compressor!
The Platform's secret weapons, however, are a series of extra controls you might not expect. Attack, release, sustain, drive and swell give you a whole host of abstract sounds. We told you this was more than just a compressor!
Adjust the attack, release and swell controls to attain incredible cello-like sounds, or adjust the sustain and drive for a smooth but crispy lap steel sound. This pedal simply has to be heard to be believed!
Here's What Electro-Harmonix Have To Say About the Platform:
The PLATFORM is a sophisticated, professional stereo compressor limiter that includes volume swell and tape reverse, plus overdrive. It’s powerful for studio or post production work, yet compact enough to take to a gig!
- Studio-quality compressor/limiter lets the user precisely tune dynamics regardless of the instrument or situation.
- The compressor/limiter includes a full complement of controls: Volume, Attack, Release and Sustain, plus pushbuttons for Hard or Soft Knee and the Limiter.
- Foot-switchable overdrive section adds versatility and includes dedicated controls for Volume, Tone and Drive. Together with the compressor it produces a sound that’s saturated, smooth and slippery.
- Adjustable Swell function creates bowed, fade in and reverse effects.
- True stereo operation, can be used as Mono In and Out, Mono In and Stereo Out, or Stereo In and Stereo Out.
- Features a three color, eight LED compression meter that displays the compressor’s actual gain reduction in real-time.
- Stereo buffered bypass that’s great for keeping your signal pristine with multiple pedal setups and long cable runs.
- Comes with an EHX9.6DC-200mA power supply.