If you're looking for the ultimate pedalboard-based guitar amp and cab simulator - the Strymon Iridium is the answer. Delivering the sound of a world class tube amp with a perfectly matched stereo speaker cab in a great-sounding room, this innovative pedal packs all of that functionality and more into a compact Strymon stompbox enclosure.
The Iridium pedal is truly a cutting-edge piece of technology. With more and more guitarists seeking ways to make their rigs as light and portable as possible, the Iridium is arguably one of the best solutions out there; with no comprise when it comes to tone. Letting you leave your cumbersome amp setup at home, you can plug the Strymon Iridium straight into a PA system, recording interface or mixing desk for convincing direct amp and cab sounds.
- 24 bit/96kHz 500 millisecond (!) specification* (a world first for hardware) mean sounds WAY ahead of Helix, Fractal, and Kemper, providing a complete set of massively detailed amp/cab tones—preamp, tone stack, power amp, and cab
- 3 ‘Matrix Modeled’™ amp models selectable on board, based on Fender Deluxe™, Vox AC30TB™ brilliant channel, Marshall Plexi Super Lead ’59™)** Or access 4 presets (3 plus onboard favorite) with a MultiSwitch Plus, or 300 via MIDI.
- 9 IR cabinet models selectable on board, or 300 via MIDI. (Amp and Cab can be separately bypassed via drive knob secondary function)
- USB socket to load IR files and firmware updates; load your own impulse responses using Strymon’s free Impulse Manager software
- Simple, amp-style bass, mid and treble controls allow exact recreation of classic tones. More extreme settings allow hot-rodding of the originals to provide an extended range of tonal options!
- Dedicated drive and level controls
- Dedicated ambience control combines 256ms impulse responses w. reverb for extended lush decay. 'Room size' set small/medium/large by secondary function.
- Bypass/ favourite footswitches
- Mono/Mono Sum/Stereo in (can be set for inst. or line level, discrete analogue JFET input stage provides up to 22dB of gain) and Mono/Stereo out
- EXP input to connect MultiSwitch Plus, MiniSwitch or MIDI/EXP cable to access 300 presets and MIDI automation
- For live and studio use: play live with the same amp and cab tones you use at home, leaving your stack at home, and send your amp and cab tone direct to a wedge or in-ear monitor. In the studio, recreate your stack tone in the studio with just the Iridium DI'd
- Discrete transistor headphone socket allows silent rehearsal/latency free monitoring via 25-70 Ohm headphones. Level can be set using secondary function ‘Level Trim’.
- 9v centre negative 500 milliamp power supply included
- Note: Iridium should not be used in front of a real amplifier; it provides amp and cab tones for direct to PA and direct recording environments.