TC Electronic have released their third iteration of the iconic PolyTune pedal – and it’s better than ever! Still maintaining all the features we love about this legendary pedal, TC have made some more refinements to make this the only tuner pedal you’ll ever need.
The Most Versatile Tuner:
The biggest selling point with the Polytune is in the name, it’s polyphonic! This means that you can strum all of your open strings at the same time and the pedal will intelligently identify which strings are out of tune. This makes tuning super easy and quick, which is just what you need when on stage. The super bright LED display means that you can see the PolyTune in even the darkest of venues, another great ergonomic feature of this pedal.
The tuner also has a conventional chromatic mode, if you prefer to tune each string one by one. This tuner is super quick and offers 0.5 cent tuning accuracy, so you can be sure that your instrument is as in tune as possible.
Strobe mode offers even more pin-point accuracy, precisely displaying how in or out of tune a string is. This mode is perfect when laying down tracks in a studio environment, where time is money!
The biggest improvement TC have made with the Polytune 3 is the addition of the circuit from their Bonafide Buffer pedal. This great little buffer has been popular amongst players since its introduction, which ensures that your signal suffers no tonal degradation with long cable runs.
As it is best to place a buffer as early in your chain as possible, integrating the bonafide buffer into the Polytune 3 makes perfect sense. This is because you also want to have your tuner ideally first in your pedalboard chain, so that the purest receivable tone is identified by the tuner. Two birds, one stone!
TC have also allowed you to choose whether you want the pedal to be buffered or set to true bypass, giving you all the options you need to use this pedal just the way you want.
Here's what TC Electronic say about the PolyTune 3 Tuner Pedal:
Sometimes More Really is More
When it was first introduced in 2010, the original PolyTune revolutionized the way musicians tune their instruments. Praised by professional and amateur players alike, PolyTune made guitar tuning as simple as Strum - Tune - Rock! So how do you make the world's best-selling polyphonic tuner even better? For a second time? Simple. You make it do more.
Whilst retaining popular features, such as multiple tuning modes - including polyphonic, chromatic, ultra-precise strobe mode and alternate tunings - we've added one key new feature: a buffer. But not just any buffer. By incorperating our acclaimed BonaFide Buffer into PolyTune 3 we ensure that your signal - and therefore your tone - remains pristinely preserved over long cable runs and complex pedal setups. By gathering two of our most powerful technologies into one pedal, we guarantee that PolyTune 3 is a force to be reckoned with.
- Built-in, high quality BonaFide Buffer
- Selectable True Bypass / True Buffer modes
- "Always On" tuning mode
Whether you're a mega rock star, a seasoned pro or a passionate bedroom shredder, PolyTune 3 gets you in tune quickly and accurately. Depending on your needs, you can choose polyphonic mode for tuning all strings at the same time for your live gig, chromatic mode for more precision during a songwriting session, and strobe mode for the ultimate in precision when you're laying down tracks.
PolyTune 3 includes the iconic Bonafide Buffer, our renowned guitar buffer that ensures zero signal degradation - no matter how long a cable you need to run! Think of it as a tuner on steroids that constantly protects your precious tone.
How do you want to tune? PolyTune 3 lets you switch between true bypass and buffer modes, the latter giving you an "always on" option that keeps the tuner in full operation - even when your signal is not muted. Tuning made simple and more efficient than ever.
All Lighting Scenarios
Whether you're performing on a truck bed in full sunlight, a dimly-lit tavern, or a stage with a massive light show, PolyTune 3's super-bright 109-LED display features an ambient light detector that automatically adjusts the intensity to provide the perfect readout.
PolyTune 3 provides high-precision tuning with just a quick strum, whilst the Bonafide Buffer keeps your signal transparent and strong - no matter how many stomps you use, or how long your cable runs. Plus, you'll have the most-versatile polyphonic tuner on the market, right at your toes.
PolyTune 3 Resume
- Ultra-compact polyphonic tuner gives you fast, accurate tuning and a high-quality tone tool in a single unit
- Quickly get in tune with polyphonic, chromatic and strobe tuning modes
- Built-in all-analog Bonafide Buffer circuitry preserves your tone through long cable runs and convoluted pedal boards
- Polyphonic tuning lets you tune all your strings at once
- Lightning-fast chromatic tuner offers 0.5 cent accuracy
- Ultra-precise strobe tuner gives you ±0.02 cent accuracy for ultimate tuning performance
- Exceptional buffer keeps your tone transparent and crisp with a 1 M input, 100 output and extremely high >112 dB signal to noise ratio
- Switchable true bypass / buffer modes let you optimize signal integrity for any setup
- "Always on" tuning mode keeps tuner on and detecting your strings, even when not muted
- Super-bright 109-LED display and an ambient light detector provide an instant clear readout in all viewing conditions
- Automatically switches between polyphonic and monophonic tuning modes based on how many strings you play
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Denmark