Introduced in 1992, the Corvette bass is a core part of Warwick’s line-up. With renowned players such as Dirk Lance (Incubus) and Stuart Zender (Jamiroquai) using them, you know they’re incredibly good instruments. This Corvette is the $$ version which has dual MEC humbuckers for a thick, powerful tone and features a limited edition flame maple top.
Corvette $$ models are equipped with passive MEC humbuckers, providing that thick and unique Warwick tone heard on countless records. They deliver plenty of punch and boldness, ensuring your sound cuts through onstage or when laying down tracks in the studio. Active 2-Way electronics give you great control over tone tinkering, making this a versatile bass for a variety of styles.
These German-made basses are constructed using high-quality machinery, combined with the expertise of their vastly knowledgeable luthiers. Amazing tone woods are used by Warwick, giving you a truly beautiful instrument with an inspiring sound. You’ll never want to put one of their basses down.
This Corvette $$ model features a US swamp ash body which keeps it on the lighter side and is paired with a beautiful flame maple top. The neck is a 3-piece ovangkol construction with a wenge fingerboard for a classy aesthetic and feels smooth under the fingers.
- Body Shape: Flat Body Shape for top & back side
- Body Wood: US Swamp Ash
- Top Wood: Flame Maple
- Nut: Just-A-Nut III Tedur
- Neck Wood: Ovangkol neck, 3 laminations
- Fretboard: Wenge fingerboard (fretted)
- Fluorescent Side Dot: Illuminated Side Dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 20"
- Scale length: 34" (long scale)
- Fret quantity material and size: 24 Jumbo Nickelsilver frets
- Frets: IFT - Invisible Fretwork Technology
Hardware and Electronics
- Machineheads: Warwick Machine Heads
- Pickups: Passive MEC MM-Style humbuckers
- Electronics: Active MEC 2-way electronics
- Pot layout: Volume P/P / Balance / Treble / Bass
- Switch: Two 3-way mini-switches
- Function of switch: separate configuration of the humbuckers (series / parallel / single coil)
- Bridge system: 2-piece Warwick Bridge
- Strap system: Warwick security locks
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Hardware colour: Gold hardware
- String gauges: Warwick Blacklabel strings 045" - 105"
- Weight: 4.0 kg
- Included accessories: Warwick User Kit bag including hex key tools and Cleaning cloth
- Packing: Starline RockBag