Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over USB 3 on Windows.
The UAD 2 Satellite USB Quad Core takes effects processing away from your computers processor and into the UAD 2 Satellite so you can run more effects and record more tracks at once with much lower latency. This device can then be used in conjunction with any of a wide range of UAD effects which then don't take up any power away from your PC and all of the effects processing can be handled by the UAD 2. Because the UAD 2 is taking away the processing from your computer you can record more tracks at lower latency without having to worry about your computer or interfacing falling over.
Over 90 Effects available for UAD
There are a load of great effects that can take advantage of the UAD system and its authentic analogue replication. With plugins available that model devices from DBX, Lexicon, SSL, Roland, Neve, ENGL and more this system delivers some of the best software emulation of analog hardware around even to the small nuances of the pots and faders you would find on each device.
The Power of The Quad
This version of the UAD2 Satellite Thunderbolt is the Quad powered model which means that this has 4 processors available to run your effects through. Each of these processors can handle a decent amount of effects so as you can image 4 of them will cover nearly any needs you may have in a studio. There is also a Octo version of this system which provides 8 processors allowing for even more power so even the largest sessions can be covered with UAD high quality effects.
The Core Software
Each version of the UAD 2 Satellite USB has a software package that comes with it. This particular version comes with the core software Bundle which contains the Analog Classics Plus Bundle with 8 high quality effects to get your started with UAD.
The effects in this bundle are:
- RealVerb Pro
- CS-1 Precision Channel
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
- 1176SE/LN Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
- Fairchild 670 (Legacy)
- UA610-B Tube Preamp and EQ
Here's what Universal Audio say about the UAD2 Satellite USB
The UAD-2 Satellite USB DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Windows-based PC users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library, including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more. With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite USB makes the perfect introduction to UAD plug-ins, or ideal DSP expander for Apollo Twin USB audio interfaces.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via USB 3 on Windows-based PCs
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Marshall, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus bundle featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176 Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, and more
- Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on Windows-based PCs
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface
- Available in Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (64-Bit Editions)
- PC with available built-in USB 3 SuperSpeed port
- Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor*
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable (included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better recommended
- 2-in-1 systems (notebook/tablet) not recommended