Here's what Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack Ultimate:
UAD-2 Live Rack is a 16-channel MADI effects processor for live sound engineers to craft their mixes using Realtime UAD Processing and industry-leading UAD plug-ins right out of the box. Up to four UAD-2 Live Rack units can be combined for up to 64 channels of MADI signal processing via Mac Thunderbolt.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing
With its Realtime UAD QUAD Core Processing, UAD-2 Live Rack lets engineers enhance their live mixes with the world’s best analog emulations, courtesy of Universal Audio’s acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins library. This sleek 1U rackmount processor includes over 90 UAD plug-ins, with exclusive titles from SSL®, Studer,® SSL,® Neve,® Manley,® Lexicon,® API,® Fender,® Moog,® and many more. And existing UAD plug-in users can readily use their licensed UAD plug-ins with UAD-2 Live Rack.
Live Rack Application
With the Live Rack application, front-of-house engineers can take advantage of intuitive features such as drag and drop, copy and paste, keyboard navigation, plug-in zoom, and the ability to store and recall channel strip presets and/or complete setup configuration Snapshots. Designed for seamless operation in a live setting, the Live Rack app features large text and GUI elements making it easy to quickly tweak parameters.
UAD-2 Live Rack includes professional, fail-safe features for reliable live sound use. Redundant internal power supplies ensure that UAD-2 Live Rack will continue to process audio if one power supply fails. If the Live Rack application or computer fails, or its Thunderbolt cable is disconnected, UAD-2 Live Rack will still process audio with the last known plug-in state intact. And with the Live Rack app in Safe mode, destructive setting changes are prevented during a live show.
- 16-channel MADI effects processor for live mixing w/ Realtime UAD QUAD Core Processing and UAD plug-ins
- Process with acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins while mixing live sound
- Includes over 90 UAD plug-ins including exclusive titles from Studer SSL, Neve, Manley, Lexicon, API, Fender, Moog, and many more
- Allows use of any licensed UAD plug-in(s) in users’ UAD accounts
- Combine 4 units for up to 64 channels of Optical MADI signal processing
- Store configuration Snapshot files for easy recall of all show settings
- Load Snapshot configurations via MIDI or Soundcraft Vi CUE function
- Connects to Soundcraft Vi consoles via Ethernet for Snapshot CUE control
- Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Macs (for plug-in control only)