Music hardware/software specialists Universal Audio have taken their first step into the world of effects pedals. Years in the making, UA now brings the same class-leading innovation and ease-of-use of its acclaimed pro audio products to a tactile, pedalboard-friendly, plug-and-play stompbox format with gorgeous retro styling — aptly-named UAFX.
Boasting powerful dual-processor architecture, Universal Audio's cutting-edge UAFX pedals deliver multiple iconic and vintage-inspired sounds suitable for guitars or synthesizers. Sophisticated yet straightforward control panels allow you to precisely sculpt their superbly-detailed algorithms to perfection — sure to appeal to both audiophiles and home hobbyists alike.
The UAFX Starlight Echo Station is a Stereo delay pedal with Tape, Analog, and Digital effects, tap tempo, selectable preamp coloration and true or buffered/trails bypass via UAFX Control app.
- Flagship delay pedal with powerful dual-processor UAFX engine.
- Three legendary delay effects, with available tap tempo, subdivisions and more.
- Optional preamp coloration (Tape EP-III, Analog DMM).
- UAFX Control mobile app lets users to switch between true and buffered bypass,
turn preamp coloration on/off, and customize footswitch modes
- Simple 'Live+Tap'/'Preset' modes for instant recall of your favorite sound.
- Additional downloadable effects by the world-renowned UAD algorithm team.
- True or buffered bypass*, spillover/tails, silent switching.
- Analog dry-through, stereo/dual mono operation.
- Classic UA analog design and robust craftsmanship, built to last decades.
Starlight Echo Station
Borrowing from UA’s deep expertise in analog emulation, the Starlight Echo Station provides some of the finest classic delay effects ever captured in a compact stompbox. Offering three delay types ('Tape EP-III', 'Analog DMM' and 'Precision') based on highly-coveted hardware from the past 60 years, Starlight also presents extra settings for tape wear, modulation and preamp colour — for endless, sonically-mesmerising tones!
- Tape EP-III: Three unique 1960s tape echo machines, with settings for tape age and preamp colour.
- Analog DMM: Vintage analog “bucket brigade” delay textures with enveloping modulation modes and subdivisions.
- Precision: Pristine digital delays with endless delay trails and optional modulation, derived from the UAD plug-in library.
- Bonus Effect: Free 'Cooper Time Cube' delay, downloadable at registration.
Additional UAFX Appointments
Further UAFX features include intuitive 'Preset'/'Live' modes for instant recall of your favourite sounds, analog dry-through circuitry, super-wide stereo/dual mono operation, true bypass with silent switching and spillover, an 'Effect Mode' toggle switch that provides access to variations of each active effect type, free additional downloadable sounds from the adored UAD algorithm team and much more!
A State of the Art Stompbox
Starlight delivers modern, high powered features like studiograde conversion, dual processing engines, Live/Preset modes, and analog dry through. Plus, with the UAFX Control app, users can select true or buffered bypass for effect trails, turn preamp coloration on/off, and customize footswitch modes to further personalize their sonic adventure.
Note that Starlight Echo Station requires a modern 400 mA isolated power supply (sold separately)
UAFX Control Mobile App
The UAFX Control mobile app lets you get even more out of your UAFX pedal, with switchable bypass options for effect trails and customisable footswitch modes. The app is available to download now for free, but be sure to update your pedal’s firmware first via the UAFX desktop app for macOS/Windows.
- Power Requirements: Isolated 9VDC, centre-negative, 400mA minimum (PSU sold separately)
- Inputs: 2 x ¼” TS (input 2 for stereo connections)
- Outputs: 2 x ¼” TS (output 2 for stereo connections)
- USB Type-C for updates via computer
- Height: 2.56” (6.5 cm)
- Width: 3.62” (9.2 cm)
- Depth: 5.55” (14.1 cm)
- Weight: 1.24 lbs (0.567 kg)