Californian-based Tone King have packed the American dream tone into the Sky King combo.
The Sky King is designed to bring the fifties and sixties to life. Handwired circuitry and a custom voice Celestion speaker produce glistening retro sounds. Whatever volume, the Sky King can deliver the unmistakable cranked tube bark of tweed amplifiers.
The Mode switch grants huge sonic possibilities. Switch between Ultra-Linear, letting the amp sag and react to ever note and Pentode, which offers a more familiar clarity to your sound.
The Sky King has two footswitchable channels. The Rhythm channel is where you’ll get a sixties jangly clean, controlled by a three-way EQ. The lead channel is more akin to a punchy 50’s midrange or British voicing. A simple volume, tone and mid-bite EQ control lets you dial in plenty of grunt. Wet your mix with an old-school spring reverb and a vintage tremolo to create splashy pulses.
Ironman II attenuators
Two power attenuators, one for each channel, grant even more flexibility. Adjust the Sky King from 1W to 35W over six steps to achieve a maxed tube tone at any volume. Great for home-friendly playing.
- Speakers: Custom Voiced "Tone King 1660" by Celestion
- Reverb: Tube Driven spring reverb. Full spring 2-spring reverb pan
- Tremolo: Bias modulation type tremolo circuit. Footswitch controllable
- Footswitch: Two button Footswitch (channel, tremolo). LED status indicators
- Tubes: 4 x 12AX7, 1x 12AT7, 2 x 6L6GC, 1 x 5AR4
- Output Stage: 2 x 6L6GC, cathode biased, no negative feedback, selectable ultra-linear/Pentode mode
- Ironman Attenuator Design Features: Precision tuned frequency compensated reactive load