Here's what Tech 21 say about the PL1:
Paul Landers has been a long-time user of Tech 21 gear, both the SansAmp GT2 and SansAmp PSA, which is especially prominent in their worldwide smash "Du Hast." While he liked the format of the Fly Rigs, Paul was looking for a different feature set. Given Paul’s long term relationship with Andrew Barta, it was a no-brainer to collaborate on a Fly Rig to fulfill his individual needs.
The Paul Landers PL1 Signature Fly Rig offers 2 SansAmp channels, one clean and one dirty. Like our other Fly Rigs, it offers the same ease, portability, confidence and multi-functionality for going direct to a mixer or P.A. and as a pre-amp/stompbox in live performances.
- Two all-analog SansAmp channels to switch between dirty and clean tones (Feuer and Wasser)
- The Feuer section has 3-band active EQ controls with switchable Mid, Drive and Level, while the Wasser section has dual-band active EQ controls, compression, and Level.
- Bite switch for a presence boost which provides extra clarity to the top end
- Vintage voiced tape-style delay with vibrato and ambience controls
- Independent dual-mode Boost function - post-SansAmp positive boost up to +6dB and “negative” boost down to -10dB.
- Chromatic Tuner is operable via the TAP/TUNER footswitch in the DLA section
- 1/4-inch 1megOhm input
- XLR output with ground lift
- 1/4-inch low impedance output
- Headphone button switches the 1/4” output into headphone mode
- Rugged, all-metal housing
- Metal footswitches and jacks
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
- Utilizes included 9V DC Universal Power Supply: Model #DC9. “Auto-switching,” self-adjusting 100V-240V, 200mA. Includes interchangeable international prong assemblies for EU, UK, Australia/New Zealand for use anywhere in the world.