Boasting an incredible legacy in the studio monitoring world the new range of Reveal Studio Monitors from Tannoy add yet more clarification to their impressive reputation. It is clear for all to see the decades of Tannoy’s experience in loudspeaker design, which acts as the foundation for creating these three new Reveal models.
A quick overview of the range:
The Reveal 402 will provide you with stunning sound quality within an extremely compact unit. The Reveal 502 boasts absolutely premium tonal clarity no matter what genre of music you’re playing, and the Reveal 802 communicates exactly what is going on in the mix, no matter how big your demands are for low-end.
Massive amounts of power, exectued through custom-designed, extremely-efficient woofers, provide you with incredibly impressive and precise bass performance. The expertly tweaked crossover-filter-alignment ensures optimal timing between the custom designed drivers, which produces the ultimate sweet spot so that you can move around in your workspace without losing the stereo imaging of your mix – as well as invite people to join you during mixing sessions.
Each monitor comes with a 5 meter 1/8”(3.5mm) jack cable, which when combined with the AUX Link feature, allows you to plug into your monitors quickly and easily. Whether you’re mixing on the go or for the times when you just want to listen to some of your favourite music from your mobile device, it’s simple to connect.
What Tannoy say about the Reveal 402 Studio Monitor:
Reveal 402 brings 67 years of tried-and-true legendary Tannoy sound to your personal studio in an ultra-compact form factor with pristine audio quality and a truly remarkable feature set.
- 4” Super-efficient Woofer and ¾” Precision Tweeter
- 50w Custom-tuned Bi-Amp module
- AUX link option for mobile devices
Big Monitor Sound, Ultra-Compact Design
Don’t be fooled by Reveal 402’s compact size. Decades of experience in loudspeaker design and tweaking is the foundation for creating Reveal 402. The result is a massive soundscape generated by the super-efficient 4” woofer and ultra-precise ¾” tweeter.
Expertly Voiced for Massive Sweet Spot
Custom tweaked by Tannoy’s in-house speaker guru, Dr. Paul Mills, the active cross-over filters of Reveal 402 have absolutely impeccable timing. This produces the ultimate sweet spot so that you can move around in your workspace without losing the stereo imaging of your mix – as well as invite people to sit in with you during mixing sessions.
Easy Setup Option with Aux Link – Cable Included
If you’re anything like us, you’re not only working on mixes but also listening to your favourite music! Reveal gives you the ultimate pathway for both. With the Aux Link, setting up has never been easier. Use the included mini jack cable to plug into your favourite music player and link your monitors for an instant stereo set-up – no need for external interfaces.
- Plug in your phone /tablet for instant listening gratification
- 50 Watt Bi-Amp module and active crossover filter ensures maximum power and tonal clarity
- Balanced and Unbalanced inputs for maximum flexibility
- Adjust volume and EQ to match your listening environment
- Rubber padded base for acoustical isolation
- 4” custom high-efficiency LF driver
- ¾” soft-dome “Poke-Resistant” tweeter
- Accurately tuned front-firing bass port -allows near-wall placement and ensures optimal LF performance
- Frequency Response: 56 Hz - 48 kHz
- Max SPL: 101 dB
- HxWxD Cabinet Dimensions
- 9.45 x 5.79 x 8.35”
- 240 x 147 x 212 mm
- Membrane Sizes
- Drive Unit Size, LF/Mid Range: 4” (100 mm)
- Drive Unit Size, HF: ¾” (19 mm) Soft Dome
- Bi-amp Output Power, RMS
- LF/Mid Range: 25 Watts
- HF: 25 Watts
- THD: < 0.9="" />
- Input Types and Impedances
- Balanced: XLR, 20 kOhm
- Unbalanced: 1/4” Jack, 10 kOhm
- AUX Link: 1/8” Jack, 10 kOhm
- AUX Link:1/8” Jack
- Switchable Power Supply Compatibility:
- 100-120 V or 200-240 V (50 - 60 Hz)
- Max Power Consumption: 96 Watts
- Low Frequency Alignment: Optimized Front Port
- Fuse Data
- 100 - 120 V: T800 mAL / 250 V
- 200 - 240 V: T800 mAL / 250 V