Acoustic - but not as you know it!
You may appreciate that part of the beauty of acoustic playing is not having to worry about additional equipment - no chunky pedal board, no amp to lug around or set up, it's just you and your 6 strings. Acoustic playing has, however, taken on a new form in recent years. Artists such as Newton Faulkner, Ed Sheeran and Jon Gomm have popularised the use of effects and loop pedals with electro-acoustic guitars in search of more complex textures and abstract sounds.
Practical, Comprehensive, Intuitive
T-Rex have therefore decided to create an all-in-one solution for the more adventurous acoustic player. The Acoustic Soulmate combines the functionality of a multi-effects unit, a top-quality preamp / DI box, a loop pedal and a chromatic tuner. This pedal's extensive set of features will have you tuned up, dialled into a warm, full-bodied tone, smothered in effects and weaving intricate loops all at the same time - within minutes!
Here's what T-Rex have to say about the Acoustic Soulmate
All-In-One Acoustic Pedal Board
Having some cool effects at your disposal when playing your acoustic instrument can highlight your performance and playing, but the effects should not cover up the instrument´s acoustic properties/sound and should act as “enhancers” of what´s already there. With a good pickup system, what most players look for is subtle changes, because essentially, they want to hear the instrument, only louder.
More importantly, we need to be able to use the instrument in various environments that are quite hostile for an instrument that is designed to be played acoustically. If signal phase, impedance and feedback mean anything to you, you already know that amplifying acoustic instruments often involves patching in various electronic gadgets that you´d never use in your electric setup.
The T-Rex Soulmate Acoustic merges a collection of top notch effects with some very useful tools for acoustic playing because in our world, you need both for optimal sound. Really, it should be called “Toolbox Acoustic” because it´s almost as much a handful of “little helpers” as it is a multi effects unit for all stringed acoustic instruments with a microphone/pickup system installed.
Compressor, modulation, 3-band parametric EQ, delay (with tap tempo), reverb (with shimmer), boost and a +5 min. looper, all laid out in a conventional and logical fashion. The effects have been designed to highlight, strengthen and widen the sound – it´s all about subtle,”icing on the cake” effects that allows the instrument´s tonality to shine through.
- Input preamp with gain control, signal phase and impedance switches, expression pedal inputs for foot control of master volume and shimmer, ultra-fast tuner, automatic feedback kill switch and dual stereo outputs (1/4” and XLR with ground lift) are indespensable tools for controlling the volume, patching into various mixers/amps/P.A.´s and battling feedback or noise.
- At soundchecks, rehearsals or mid-gig, the T-Rex Soulmate Acoustic puts you in control of getting those notes all the way to the speaker cone with no fuzz, external boxes or involment of stage techs/soundguys.
- Boost (post effects)
- Stereo line/D.I. outputs
- 5 min. stereo looper
- Ultra fast chromatic tuner
- Warm delay with tap tempo
- 3-band parametric equalizer
- Automatic feedback suppression
- Modulation: Classic chorus/detune
- Optional master volume control from expression pedal
- Hall reverb with shimmer effect (optional expression pedal control)
- FET preamp with high/low impedance selection and phase switch