Picture may show a different kit configuration to what is advertised. Please check description to see what is included in this kit.
Sonor’s impeccable reputation speaks for itself, and they have re-issued their iconic Phonic snares to meet the demands of drummers around the world. Made in Germany, these incredibly high-spec snares have unparalleled build and sound quality, as well as a classy look.
Woods and Construction:
The beech shell produces a fat tone with lots of low-end, giving a deep sound – ideal for funk or electronic music. The 14” x 5.75” shell size however keeps the snare sounding punchy and defined, and will still stand out in a busy mix.
The beautiful Rosewood veneer is finished in a semi-gloss lacquer, and combined with the timeless chrome hardware, you get an elegant-looking snare that matches its incredible tone.
Here's what Sonor say about the D 515 PA Phonic Re-Issue Snare:
By popular demand, SONOR proudly re-introduces two Heavy Weights of the early 1980's - the famous Phonic D 516 and D 515 Snare Drums. Famed and favored by SONOR Vintage geeks around the globe, they are a true re-issue of the earlier models.
- shell hardware finish: chrome-plated
- item name: Snare Drum
- series: Phonic
- shell material: Beech
- lugs configuration: Phonic double lugs
- snare strainer: Throw-Off Snare Action
- item description: D 515 PA
- snare wire wires: 1 x 14'', 20 steel wires
- item no.: 11101867
- unit: 1 piece
- shell plies: 12 plies
- shell finish outside: Veneer,Semi Gloss Rosewood 10333
- shell size: 14'' x 5.75''
- shell thickness: 10.5 mm
- batter head: REMO Ambassador, coated white, single ply
- resonance head: REMO Ambassador Resonance, smooth clear, single ply
- hoop: die-cast
- tension rods: 20 slotted screws
- shell finish inside: Veneer,Semi Gloss Rosewood 10333
- bearing edge: 45°