- 1 x Tourtech Guitar Strap Black nylon TT-S5NBLK
This bundle consists of the Sire Version 2 Marcus Miller V7 Alder 4 String bass in Black, a Stagg clip-on tuner and guitar strap, Tourtech instrument cable and the Ashdown Studio 12 100W Bass Combo. Everything required to start playing the bass is included here!
Sire Marcus Miller V7 basses sound better and play smoother than ever before in the 2nd Gen range.
The V7 is the flagship model for Sire guitars. The classic J bass styling features 2 advanced single coil pickups with a full EQ control, allowing you to mould your perfect sound. It's also extremely easy for a beginner to pick up and play thanks to the comfortable modern neck shape.
The focus of the upgrade has been to improve the sound and necks of the basses. Marcus Miller worked alongside Sire to redesign the pickups with stronger magnets and coils to deliver a cleaner and deeper tone.
Sire have overhauled the neck design. A matte finish replaces the sticky gloss coats for a smoother feel. Neck radius is extended to 9 ½” and new medium frets make for a quicker and more accurate playing experience. Alder body basses also boast a sleek new Ebony fretboard in the place of Rosewood.
The only other cosmetic change is the pickup guard, which is also installed on five-string basses as well as four string.
Body and Neck
The V7 has either an Alder body that adds darker tones and warmth, or a Swamp Ash body which is known for its brightness. A Hard Maple neck offers excellent stability and is topped by an Ebony fingerboard for more pronounced attack.
- Body Material: Swamp Ash / North American Alder
- Body Shape: New Marcus Miller Jazz Type
- Body Color: Alder Body – 5 TS, 4 AWH, 4 BK, 4 TS | Ash Body – 4 NT, 4 TS, 4 WB, 5 NT
- Neck Material: 1 Piece Hard Maple
- Neck Shape: C-Shape
- Scale: 34”
- Fingerboard: Hard Maple (Swamp Ash ) / Ebony (Alder)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7’25”
- Frets: Medium Small, 20 Frets
- String Nut: 4string - Natural Bone 38mm width / 5string Natural Bone 46mm width
- Binding: 1 ply Ivory
- Inlay: WH Pearloid Block
- Neck Joint: 4 Bolt Steel Square Plate
- Pickups: Marcus Super Jazz Advanced
- Electronics: Marcus Heritage - 3 with Middle-Frequency Control
- Controls: Volume / Tone (Dual Pot) | Pickup Blender | Treble | Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot) -Bass, Mini Toggle (Active / Passive )
- Knobs: Jazz Type Black Plastic
- Bridge: Heavy Mass Standard
- Tuning Gear: Premium Open-Gear
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickguard: Ivory Pearl (Swamp Ash) / Tortoise (Alder)