Shure SM81 Condenser Mic
More stock due on Mon 11th Jul 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 279 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
The legendary SM81 is an industry-standard, flat-response cardioid condenser microphone, featuring a wide frequency response and low self-noise.
WHAT IS THE SM81 BEST SUITED TO
The SM81 is the perfect choice for a professional musician or sound engineer who is looking to mic up acoustic instruments such as acoustic guitar, piano and cymbals. It can ideally be used on stage and because of its high quality is also at home in the recording studio.
WHAT CHARACTERISTICS CAN I EXPECT WHEN USING AN SM81
The SM81 has a flat response curve for accurate reproduction of the sound source and can also be modified via a bass roll off switch. The 0dB/10bB lockable attenuator switch gives you even more flexibility when miking up loud sound sources and it has a cardioid polar pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing handling noise.
- 0 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Flat response curve for accurate reproduction of sound sources
- Low noise and high output clipping level
- Low distortion over a wide range of load impedances
- Cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetric about axis, providing maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sounds
- Low RF susceptibility
- Selectable low-frequency response: flat, 6 or 18 dB/octave rolloff
- 0 dB/10 dB lockable attenuator switch
- Phantom powering (DIN 45 596 voltages of 12 to 48 Vdc)
- Rugged steel construction for durability
- Field-usable over wide range of temperature and humidity conditions
- Transducer Type : Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -45,0 dBV/Pa / 5,6 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise: 18 dB(A)
- Sound Pressure:
- Pad off: 136 dB
- Pad on: 146 dB
- Weight: 230 g
- Frequency Repsonse Curve:
- Capsule Type
- Trade Doubler Group ID
- Diaphragm Size
- Polar Pattern
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
John Lewis10th Mar 2021
Scott Pickard8th Feb 2021
Mr Raymond Sutherlan13th Dec 2020
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+