The KSM8 is the first ever dual-diaphragm dynamic handheld microphone in the world. This revolutionary design not only sounds great, but can adapt to a wide variety of environments without impacting performance. The new mic has virtually no proximity effect, amazing off-axis rejection and a highly accurate output for a balanced, clean and flat response.
- Handheld microphone for live vocals and presentations
- Dualdyne dynamic cartridge with cardioid polar pattern
- Available in black and brushed nickel; wireless versions available for UHF-R®, ULX-D® and QLX-D® systems
- Includes KSM8, clip, carrying case, and user guide
Scott Sullivan, Senior Director of Global Product Management at Shure; “In order to make the Dualdyne concept a reality, we had to reinvent the way we make dynamic microphones.” added John Born, Shure Product Manager. “We knew the only way to bring the concept to life, was to set all pre-existing parts and template designs aside, and start from scratch. Since then, we’ve put over seven years of engineering and development into creating something we knew the industry needed, but had never seen. As a result, the introduction of the KSM8 brings an entirely new dynamic microphone element to the world.”
The Dualdyne cartridge is designed with 2 ultra-thin diaphragms, one active and one passive and a groundbreaking inverted airflow system. This is the key to the KSM8s unique characteristics.
- Patented cartridge design features two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and a groundbreaking inverted airflow system
- Exceptional control of proximity effect greatly increases working distance without on-axis coloration
- Neutral mid- and high-frequency reproduction due to controlled proximity effect results in the most natural-sounding dynamic microphone available
- Neodymium magnet resides in a micro-injection mold of aerospace SoftMag material, maximizing the magnetic field for the highest output level
- Re-imagined Shure Pumping Pneumatic Shock Mount features tuned cavities, specific resistances, and precisely machined components fully integrated into the cartridge’s acoustic properties, delivering exceptional rejection of handling noise without any loss of low-frequency response
- Patent-pending Diaphragm Stabilization System technology protects and stabilizes the active diaphragm from unwanted movement from plosives or impact
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional water, plosive and wind protection