The Shure KSM42 is a Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone for use in both recording and live situations. Solid construction and quality sound quality make the KSM42 a fantastic all round choice.
In line with what Shure has become famous for, The KSM42 is great for vocals, featuring a taylored frequency response and built in pop filtering. Uitlising Prethos advanced preamplifier technology, the mic has an ultra-wide dynamic range and a smooth reaction to the proximity effect.
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creates a broad “sweet spot” and natural off-axis response
- Prethos® Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits extremely low self-noise with superior dynamic range, transient response and ultra-low distortion for transparent recording
- Dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra thin (2.5 micron) 24-karat gold, low mass, 1-inch Mylar® diaphragm
- Passive back diaphragm delivers exceptional control of low frequency proximity effect
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency room noise
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille guards against wind and breath noise
- Open cage ShureLock® rubber suspension shock mount with low-profile Popper Stopper™ magnetic pop filter produces a natural space between performer and microphone
- Extremely low self noise for critical studio vocal recording
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille
- Internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise