The Z5600 won many awards in the professional audio press worldwide, and has won thousands of fans with its ultra clean and detailed valve sound, nine polar patterns and great performance enhancing looks.
The Z5600A is the brand new updated model, now used in many of the world's top professional studios. It is an incredibly versatile mic and also one of the best vocal mics available. With 9 graded steps between three main capsule patterns, omni, cardioid and figure of eight the Z5600A finds uses in a huge number of applications, from micing a live drum kit, to overhead on a choir.
Above all this excellent mic has won its praise on delivering a superb vocal recording, with natural warmth and incredible detail. The Z5600a comes in a wooden presentation case, cradled in a full aluminium flight case with a large shock mount and a power supply with pattern switching and cables.
Here's What SE Electronics Say About the Z5600A mkII Studio Condenser Mic
The Z5600a II: a thick, rich tube mic that will flatter any source.
With nine polar patterns, the Z5600a II is ready to record absolutely anything.
The Z5600a II large-diaphragm condenser is one of the most versatile tube mics in today's market. With 9 graded steps through omni, cardioid and figure eight patterns, -10dB pad and bass cut, the Z5600a II finds uses in a huge number of applications, from miking a live drum kit to overheads on a choir. Above all though, this excellent mic has won its praise on delivering superb vocal recordings, with natural warmth and incredible detail.
This beautiful mic comes in a wooden presentation case, cradled in a full aluminum flight case with a large shockmount and a brushed aluminum PSU with pattern switching and cables.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 35mm Twin Gold/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure 8 and 5 intermediate stages (selectable on power supply)
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 25.12 mV/Pa (-32 dB)
- Max SPL: 125/135 dB (0/-10 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 76 dB
- Self Noise: 18 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 50 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10 dB
- Power requirement: Dedicated PSU (included)
- Weight (mic): 795g / 28.04oz
- Weight (PSU): 1459g / 51.47oz
- Tube complement: 1x 12AX7/ECC83
- Connectors: 8-pin army connector to mic, XLR from PSU