Roland's new TR-06 is a detailed recreation of the iconic TR-606 drum machine, containing a host of modern-day additions to suit the discerning modern day musician and producer. First introduced in 1981, the TR-606 became extremely popular thanks to its reasonable price, small size, and simple-to-use nature. It became a sonic signature of contrasting genres like punk, new wave and various other electronic styles.
This reintroduction boasts the instantly recognisable look and sound of the original model - but now incorporates triggers for modular equipment, a suite of options to tweak your sounds, and smart sequencing functionality.
The TR-06 has been built to last. It boasts a solid metal top, with a sturdy overall construction. This road-worthy design is complimented by an in-built speaker and battery operated performance that makes it the perfect portable creative option. It even doubles up as a USB audio interface, connecting quickly and easily to your laptop/computer.
With the same distinctive tone as it's TR-606 predecessor, you'll have access to the same sounds and auditory tools that were used on countless hit tracks. From the bright, crisp hi-hats, to the punchy kicks, you'll be crafting intriguing rhythms from the ground-up.
Using the selection of integrated effects, your beats will reach new heights too. Tweak the pan, decay and tuning of every instrument, or turn up the gain and experiment with distortion and overdrive. These are further bolstered via tempo delay and a compressor.
Simple to Operate
The step sequencer here is the backbone of the drum machine. Roland have designed it to be as simple as possible; you can rustle up a beat in next to no time. And, if you like more complex beat-making, use the per-step probability function, or harness the step-loop to immediately cut up your pattern.
Thanks to a trigger in and five trigger outs, you'll be able to hook up your other equipment to the TR-06 without a hitch. As sequencing is fluid and dynamic, you can layer, mix and match any of your external modules alongside the TR-06's onboard sounds. This makes for some seriously impressive rhythmic patterns.
- Recreation of the classic Roland TR-606, with analog circuit behaviour modelling.
- Realistic look and sound of the original model.
- Runs off of USB bus power or four AA batteries.
- Rugged, portable construction.
- One trigger input and fiver trigger outputs (for simple integration with modular or extra gear).
- Enhanced sequencer (featuring probability, step-loop and sub-steps).
- Integrated delay, compressor and overdrive effects.
- Improved sound-shaping functionality with pan, gain, decay, tuning etc.
- Patterns: 128 (16 patterns x 8 banks)
- Tracks: 8
- 32 steps
- Step loop
- Intro/Fill in
- Substep Probability
- Master Probability
- Bass drum
- Snare drum
- Low tom
- Hi tom
- Open hi-hat
- Closed hi-hat
- Delay effects: delay, pan delay, tape-echo, reverb, flanger, side band filter
- Drive effects: saturator, bit crusher, distortion, LPF/HPF
- Volume knob
- Run/stop button
- Pattern clear button
- Menu/Substep button
- Step loop button
- Function button
- Tempo button
- Step buttons (1-16)
- Pattern group button and indicators
- Tap/step reset button
- Scale selector switch
- Instrument selector knob
- Mode selector knob
- Value knob
- Instrument level knobs
- Effect knobs (drive, time, depth)
- 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
- Trigger in jack: mono miniature phone type
- Trigger out jack: x 5 (AC, BD, SD, LT, HT): mono miniature phone type
- Phones jack: stereo miniature phone type
- Output jack: stereo miniature phone type
- Mix in jack: stereo miniature phone type
- MIDI (In/Out) connectors
- USB port: Micro-B type (Audio, MIDI)
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- USB bus power
- 500 mA (USB bus power)
- Expected Battery Life (Continuous Use)
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approx. 5 hours
- Boutique Dock: DK-01 (Silver)
- Owner's Manual
- DK-01 Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4