The JDXA is the second Roland synth to bring together the warmth and classic tone of true analogue with the versatility of digital into one powerful unit. Following the JDXI, this new synth has more controls, is more powerful and offers even more versatility. Stop worrying about whether analogue or digital is better; Combine the benefits of both and focus on creating amazing tracks with the JDXA's dual analogue & digital engines.
Analogue & Digital Combined
The Unique design of the JDXA combines both an analogue engine and a digital engine that you can blend together or use independently, so that you effectively have 2 synths in one. You can even mix and match; for example use analogue filters on digital sounds for an ultra smooth sweep. There's enough versatility to keep even the most creative sound designer happy
On the analogue side, you get 4 analogue parts with 2 oscillators, along with filter and amp sections with 4 envelopes, creating a warm, smooth response. You also get 2 LFOs with super smooth incremental response from ponderously slow to lightning fast.
In contrast the Digital side offers clarity and versatility of modern synth design with 2 digital synth sections. Featuring the sound of 64-voice polyphony and a wide range of top quality SuperNATURAL synth tones including pads, strings,electric piano,sound effects and many others, you're pretty spoils for choice. And even if you did run out of sounds, Roland's Axial Library gives you even more sounds to download as and when you need them.
It's not just about the Sound Engines
Although the tones you get from the JD-XA are pretty cool, there's so much more that you can do with them, thanks to the wide range of functions available. There's 4 simultaneous effects sections to shape your individual tones. What may start as a simple triangle wave can be completely transformed when you have processing like bit crusher, slicer and ring modulation to choose from combined with Dedicated Delay and reverb sections for some serious ambiance!
Or Maybe you could plug in the included sturdy gooseneck mic and really go crazy with the Vocoder and auto-pitch. There's even a cool auto-note function that allows you to forget the keyboard and just sing the notes you want the synth to play.
You also get some features to help develop your ideas into full demos. Set off a pro drumkit or rhythm loop to help you get into the groove, and then build up your song using the 16 track pattern sequencer(8 tracks for internal parts, 8 tracks for external parts). Whatever you find is the easiest and quickest way to create beats, you can use real-time or step sequence or even the special TR-Rec mode to input your music. There's even some preset beats to help you get your creative juices flowing.
- Advanced synthesizer with independent analog and digital sound engines
- Discrete analog synth engine (four parts) with 2 x OSC, Filter, Amp, 4 x Env (2 x Pitch, Filter, Amp), and 2 x LFO per voice plus Analog Dry Out for raw signal output
- Analog filter section features 4-Pole, transistor-ladder, and multi-mode (LPF/HPF/BPF) filters with supremely smooth, natural response to knob movements
- OSC section includes Cross Mod, Ring Mod, and OSC Sync, all of which can be used simultaneously
- LFO rate covers a wide range from ultra-slow to ultra-fast
- Incredibly fast attack envelope time
- Separate digital section built around SuperNATURAL synth engine (four parts, 64 voices) that’s compatible with INTEGRA-7 sound libraries from Roland’s online Axial sound portal
- Digital parts can be routed through the analog filter section for warm, organic results
- Comprehensive effects with MFX for all parts plus five system effects (Reverb, TFX1, TFX2, Delay, and Master EQ)
- Flexible routing options for highly creative sound design
- Intuitive 16-track pattern sequencer (8 tracks for internal parts, 8 tracks for external parts) for fast creation of songs and loops
- Onboard USB, MIDI, and CV/GATE interfaces plus flexible MIDI control functionality make the JD-XA the ideal centerpiece for live performance and music production
- Mic input allows you to modulate synth sounds with your voice and explore classic Vocoder functionality
- Plenty of backlit knobs, sliders, and controllers for hands-on sound shaping