Here's what Rode says about the NT-SF1 Ambisonic Soundfield Microphone:
The NT-SF1 records the entire spherical sound field. Every sound, every direction, perfectly. This means that later, in post-production, you can manipulate the sound. Alter the mic directivity, position and rotation. Create a full 7.1.4 surround mix. Create a fully head-tracked 360-degree soundscape for immersive video. Whether recording opera, a swamp or a feature film, the NT-SF1 offers unparalleled quality and flexibility.
The TF-45C capsule
At the heart of the NT-SF1 is the brand-new TF-45C true condenser capsule. This completely new design breaks new ground in precision manufacturing. Created in-house at RØDE’s Sydney HQ, it is machined to tolerances of less than 1 micron in our state of the art fabrication facilities. The result is a capsule with breathtaking clarity, sonic purity and exceptionally low noise.
The NT-SF1 comes in a full kit, including custom suspension shockmount, blimp-style windshield and furry wind cover. It is all shipped in a beautiful presentation box.
The NT-SF1 is the perfect mic for a range of applications, from music recording through to capturing 3D soundscapes for VR applications. As productions increasingly require the use of surround or multi-channel spatial reproduction, the NT-SF1 should be part of every sound recordist’s arsenal.
- Based on SoundField’s legendary Ambisonic microphone technology
- Four 1/2-inch Rode TF45C capsules arrange in a tetrahedral array
- Ideal for recording 360-degree audio
- Versatile design of variety of applications including recording for VR, ensembles, live performances, foley artists and more
- Exceptional transparency and immersive stereo imaging
- Ultra low-noise performance for optimal audio fidelity
- Extremely wide frequency response captures every nuance of your source audio
Acoustics & Electrical
- Acoustic Principle: Externally Biased Condenser
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 63 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise (A-weighted): 15 dBA
- Maximum SPL: 129 dB
- Sensitivity: -30.4 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal (30mV @ 94dB SPL, 1kHz)
- Power Requirements: 6.2mA @ 48V (Per Channel) Phantom Power
- Material: Brass
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 286 grams
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 45.7 192.3 x 45.7 mm