Keeping things simple, Rode have developed a violin clip that will deliver reassurance and reliability to your playing. Mic your violin easily by clamping it onto the strings of your instrument and achieve accurate amplification when mounting your mic.
Here's what Rode say about the Rode Violin Clip:
The Violin-Clip suspension mount is designed to easily clamp onto the strings of a violin in the bridge area behind the top plate, allowing for the precise mounting of a RØDE Lavalier microphone.
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.10"
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 60Hz - 18kHz
- Output Impedance: 3000
- Maximum SPL: 110dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K load)
- Maximum Output Level: 189.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K load)
- Sensitivity: -33.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (21.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 25dB-A
- Power Options: +48V phantom power (P48 through MiCon-5 adaptor, 2V~5V through all other MiCon adaptors)
- Weight: 1.00gm
- Dimensions: 12.00mmH x 4.50mmW x 4.50mmD
- Output: Micon Output