The Radial Relay Xo is a 1-in, 2-out balanced audio switcher designed to route the output of a microphone to two different audio inputs. This, for instance, enables a vocalist to switch his mic between the main PA system and the monitors so that he can discreetly communicate with other band members or the technical staff. This is of particular importance for artists that employ in-ear monitors. You can also use the Relay Xo to send the output of a microphone to two channels on the PA. The first channel could be set 'dry' to speak to the audience between sets, while the second channel could be set 'wet' with reverb and echo to enhance the voice. This enables the vocalist to control effects and deliver a more professional performance.
The Relay Xo features a balanced XLR input and two balanced XLR outputs. The audio signal path is completely passive 'pure wire'. There are no transformers or electronic buffers inside that could introduce distortion or color the tone. Instead, the Relay Xo employs military-grade gold-contact sealed relays to do the switching. This makes the Relay Xo equally suitable with mic and line level signals.
Switching may be done using the side-access pushbutton switch or by remote control via the XLR and 1/4" input jacks using either the Radial JR1-L latching or JR1-M momentary footswitch. A remote link enables multiple Relay Xo's to be used in tandem.
The Radial Relay... a powerful switcher that is easy to use!
- Audio circuit type: Remotely controlled mechanical relay
- Frequency response: 10Hz ~ 100kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.0005%
- Dynamic range: >140dB
- Input impedance: Source dependent
- Output impedance: Source dependent
- Common mode rejection: -106dB
- Maximum input: +26dBu
- Phase shift: <1 degrees at all frequencies
- Gain: 0dB
- Noise floor: -115dBu
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.001%
- Controls: None
- Switches: A/B switch, ground lift
- Ground lift: XLR Output B only
- Audio connectors: XLR-F input, (2) XLR-M outputs
- XLR configuration: AES standard pin-1 ground, pin-2 (+), pin-3 (-)
- Remote connectors: Combo (XLR-F & 1/4" ), 1/4" loop-through
- Contact closure function: With 1/4" TRS jack, short tip and ground to switch
- With XLR, short pin-1 ground and pin-2 Hot to switch
- Construction: 14 gauge steel with internal I-beam
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x D) 5" x 3.3" x 1.8" (127mm x 84.1mm x 45.5mm)
- Weight: 1.4 lbs (635 grams)
- Shipping size: (L x W x D): 6.5" x 4" x 3" (165mm x 102mm x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 2.4lbs (1088.6 grams)
- Power: 15VDC, 30mA, center-pin (+)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5 degreesC and 40 degreesC
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable