The PRS Archon is a modern classic. Greek for “ruler” or “lord,” the mighty Archon is a commanding 2-channel amp revered for its monstrous high-gain tones, sparkling cleans and engulfing headroom. This 50-watt Archon combo is perfectly-suited for small to medium-sized venues, with its compact “grab and go” design making it easy to take to gigs, rehearsals and the studio.
Offering a remarkably responsive feel with incredible note separation, the Archon is a real player's amplifier — whether you’re playing lush arpeggios on the clean channel or chugging on the lead!
- Five Gain Stages — Several stages before the master volume means that the Archon’s lead channel is voiced to cover everything from classic rock to metal with full, addictive distortion.
- Spellbinding Clean Channel — Provides warm yet vibrant tones that retain clarity even at high volumes. There is ample headroom too, creating an excellent platform for pedals!
- 6CA7 Power Tubes — Fall between EL34 and 6L6 tubes, offering the best of both worlds. 6CA7’s are full and articulate with smooth high-end and tight low-end. They chug, distort and get heavy without over-saturating.
- Intuitive Tone-Shaping — Each channel features volume, treble, middle, bass and master volume controls as well as a bright switch to sweeten the highs.
- Global Presence & Depth Controls — Work to modify the feedback network of the amp to unleash the potential of the top-end and low-end respectively.
- Tube-Driven Effects Loop — Allows you to seamlessly integrate your favourite time-based and modulation stompboxes.
- Celestion V-Type Speaker — Projects full, extended lows and sweet mid-range.
- 1-Button Footswitch — Included switch lets you easily change channels on-the-fly.
- Wattage (Nominal): 50
- Output Transformer: 19H01-OPT
- Speaker: Celestion V-Type 70W
- Power Tubes: 2x JJ 6CA7
- Preamp Tubes: 6x JJ ECC83S
- Preamp Positions: V1: Input, V2: Clean, V3&4: Lead, V5: Loop, V6: Phase Inverter
Front Panel Controls
- Lead Channel Controls: Volume, Bright (Off/On), Treble, Middle, Bass, Master
- Clean Channel Controls: Volume, Bright (Off/On), Treble, Middle, Bass, Master
- Global Controls: Presence, Depth
Back Panel Features
- Inlet: IEC (with Integrated Fuse)
- Effects Loop: Series (Tube Driven)
- Bias: Adjustable
- Channels: 2
- Output Jack Configuration/Ohm Selection: 2x4 Parallel, 2x8 Parallel, 1x16
- “Shell” Material Covering: Black Textured Vinyl
- Grill Cloth: Black British-Style Knitted Weave
- Piping: Black Embossed Welt
- Trim Panel: Brushed Black Aluminium
- Amp Width: 21.5”
- Amp Depth: 10”
- Amp Height: 18"
- Amp Weight: 42.8 lbs
- Footswitch: 1-Button (for Channel Switching)
- Cover: N/A