Here's what Origin Effects say about the SlideRIG:
Already legendary amongst slide players, the SlideRIG delivers clean infinite sustain in true Little Feat fashion. In the studio, Lowell George used a pair of 1176 compressors chained together to create his trademark tone – clean and shimmering, yet full, fat and dripping with sustain. The original SlideRIG pedal gave guitarists a more affordable, practical and portable way of replicating this tone, but now we’ve taken it even further.
More flexible than ever, the SlideRIG Compact Deluxe gives you access to conventional single-stage compression, as well as the SlideRIG’s trademark dual-stage compression. Using the pedal’s unique three-way mixer stage, you can blend in your dry, uncompressed signal alongside the single- and dual-stage compression signals!
This is parallel compression on steroids. Together with pedal’s high-current, low noise preamp and a revised gain structure that allows greater control over compression levels, the trio of blend controls yield limitless possibilities – transparency, dynamic integrity, squash, sustain… you name it!
Three-Way Mixer Stage
With the SlideRIG Compact Deluxe, we set out to provide the same performance and unique features as the original, while drastically reducing the pedal’s footprint and adding a powerful three-way mixer stage that brings parallel compression to the SlideRIG for the very first time. However, our design philosophy and attention to detail remain unchanged.
Like all of our Compact Series pedals, the SlideRig Compact features high-current, discrete, Class-A circuitry for transparent, low-noise performance. We’ve taken a no-compromise approach to the circuit design using only the best of modern components.
- 100% Class-A discrete signal path
- Classic, ultra-fast “FET” response
- Dry Blend control for parallel compression
- Rugged jewel-lamp gain reduction metering
- Optimised for guitar but can process any source
- High-current, low-noise electronics
- Ultra-wide frequency response
- Ultra-high input impedance
- Silent switching
- High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
- Premium components throughout
- Flexible external power requirements (9-18V DC)
- Designed and built in England