It’s back with a vengeance; strike fear into the hearts of your audience and your 6-string counterparts alike with the all new Terror Bass head!
A Classic, Resurrected
The Terror Bass hybrid head is something of a household name among bassists. Even after being discontinued, it remained a highly sought-after model, though elusive. Now Orange have brought it back to life with a couple of tweaks that look set to reaffirm its place among the most popular bass amps in the market.
500W of Hybrid Power
The Terror Bass features a valve preamp and solid state power amp, offering a gutsy, responsive tone that far outweighs its price point. Valve bass tone at this price is a rarity, and Orange have delivered in spectacular fashion.
Orange have specifically voiced this updated version to reflect the ever-popular tone of the AD200, a 100% valve behemoth. They’ve also kept the intuitive front panel layout but with an added clean switch, providing a little extra smoothness and headroom when needed. You’ve also got a pad switch that rounds 6db off the input sensitivity for dynamic sound regardless of your instrument.
- Class D Power Amplifier - The Terror bass is a 500 Watt hybrid amplifier with a valve preamp and a Class D, solid state power section. Analogue valve tone in a portable, compact lunchbox head.
- Clean Switch - Drive and grit not your thing? Get a crystal clean tone at the flick of a switch.
- Pad for Active Basses - The pad switch on the front of the Terror Bass reduces input sensitivity by 6dB, meaning the amp is perfect for active or passive basses.
- FX Loop - The valve-driven FX loop on the Terror Bass is the perfect tool for creating your ideal signal chain.
- Ground Lift - Eliminates any ground loop noise when using the Balanced Output.
- Features: Single Channel, Hybrid – Class D Power Amp With Valve Preamp, Clean Switch, Variable Input Sensitivity For Active Or Passive Basses, Balanced Di Out, Fx Loop
- Controls (Right To Left): Natural Channel: Volume Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain
- Valves Preamp: 1 X Ecc83 (12ax7)
- Output Power: 250 Watts Into 8 Ohms, 500 Watts Into 4 Ohms.
- Effects Loop: 12at7 Valve Driven Send, Solid State Return
- Unboxed Dimensions (W X H X D): 30.7cm X 19cm X 16cm (12.1 X 7.5 X 6.3)
- Boxed Dimensions (W X H X D): 36.5cm X 21.5cm X 24.5cm (14.37″ X 8.46″ X 9.64″)
- Unboxed Weight: 4.65kg (10.25lbs)