The Haunt fuzz from Old Blood Noise Endeavours helped put the company on the map; in a sea of boutique stompboxes, this one stood out as inspiring and terrifying in equal measure. Now, the US company has stepped it up a notch with the Alpha Haunt Fuzz - more control, more sounds, and a renewed thirst for blood...
New Tonal Territory
The original Haunt had the capacity to go from faint clipping warmth to gated howling mayhem - one of the reasons it became so popular. The Alpha Haunt builds on this formula, expanding outwards into whole new realms of distorted sound.
With greater control and more advanced circuitry, you're still able to attain everything from subtle fuzzy saturation to dead-battery splutter and everything in between - but you can push it to further extremities. If you want less saturation but stop-start clipping, or more distortion but without the hiss, the Alpha Haunt will obey.
While the original Haunt had 5 controls and a couple of switches (plenty of tweaking options), the Alpha - as the name suggests - takes the lead. 7 controls, including additional Enhance and Bias knobs, controlling shape and splutter respectively.
If 7 controls and 2 switches isn't enough for you, OBNE have only gone and treated you to a 3-band EQ. This active feature opens up a whole world of tonal tweaking - lows, mids and highs can be cut or boosted in conjunction until you find that ultimate sweet spot - the tone never ends!
- Control over fuzz gain, compression, bias, and tone to set the base fuzz sound
- Switchable fuzz range and tone control voices for further options
- A parallel Enhance circuit with independent volume to bring in body and clarity
- Active three band master EQ to shape the output
- Master volume to control the overall output level
- True bypass switching and standard 9VDC center negative power