Mythos may be a relatively young brand, but in a short amount of time the company has already put its name firmly on the map. With the likes of Joey Landreth, Ariel Posen and Rob Chapman using their overdrive pedals extensively in recordings and live performances, it's clear that they produce some excellent stuff!
The Herculean V2 improves upon their original design and takes it to new sonic territory. The volume control on the V2 is far more potent than before, giving you tonnes of output for boosting your amplifier when you really want your solos pumped up in a mix. The gain knob also has a wide range, taking you from mild crunch to gnarly, broken up distortion.
However, it's the clarity and bass knobs that set this pedal apart. Essentially a transparency control, the clarity knob can let you attain a dark, thick and smoky tone below halfway, for those old-school dirty blues tones. Turn it up, and you'll enter classic TS-style ground, with a punchy mid-range that'll easily cut through when you're playing with a band. The bass control is self-explanatory, letting you increase the low-end for added warmth and roundness.
- Tons of output for boosting your amp.
- Gain control lets you go from clean-ish booster to cranked amp sounds.
- The Clarity allows you dial in just the right amount of Transparency.
- Bass control allows you to add in just enough low end. Don't be afraid to set it fully counter-clockwise!
- Top quality jacks, switch, pots, and components throughout.
- Through hole components style construction.