Mesa Boogie are known for making some of the finest guitar amps in the business. The Triple Rectifier is undoubtedly one of the flagships, offering eye-watering precision, volume and cutting-edge US tones. Favoured by such metal heavyweights as Metallica, Testament, Between the Buried and Me, and many many more, it remains the benchmark amp for crushing metal/rock tone.
Here’s what Mesa Boogie say:
It’s been over twenty years, two generations of guitarists and several musical trend-cycles since the Dual Rectifier first unleashed its crushing wall of gain on radio. The Triple Rectifier takes the world famous platform to a new level of power dominance.
A decade ago both of our famous Recto’s underwent a massive facelift that greatly expanded their versatility, moving from 2 Channel amps aimed squarely at high gain only – to 3 Channel amps capable of roaming any style confidently. Still delivering the widest, deepest footprint in heavy music, both the Recto’s now serve a long list of chart topping devotees both in and outside the world of heavy.
Channels & Modes
- Ch. 1: Clean or Pushed
- Ch. 2: Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain
- Ch. 3: Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain
- Rectifier Tubes: 3x Mesa 5U4
- Preamp Tubes: 5x Mesa 12AX7
- Power Amp Tubes: 6x Mesa 6L6 (or EL-34)
- Wattage: Multi-Watt 50 or 150 (Channel Assignable)
- Power Tube Type: 6x Mesa 6L6 (or EL-34)
- Graphic EQ / Reverb / FX / Solo: FX Loop, Solo
- Effects Loop & Bypass Options: Fully Buffered Series FX Loop w/Send Level Control - Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or True Bypassable
- Speaker Outputs: One 16 Ohm, Two 8 Ohm & Two 4 Ohm
- True-Bypass Options: True-Bypass Switch removes FX Loop, Output & Solo Level Controls
- Footswitchable Functions: Ch. 1, 2, 3, Mute, FX Loop & Solo
- Weight: 48 Lbs.
- Dimensions: 10" H x 25 1/2" W x 9 7/8" D
- Chassis Material: Aluminium