A first for Mesa Boogie, the Subway D-800+ is a comprehensive solid-state bass amp head serving up the very best in low-end tone. Mesa amps are renowned for their diverse sounds and flexible tone-shaping dials, and they've applied their forward-thinking approach to the bass world too.
Versatile EQ Section
The D-800+ contains a sensitive six-band EQ with plenty of room to manoeuvre, including semi-parametric sweep-able 'low' and 'high' mid bands for precise control of the mid frequencies.
Additional controls include a high-pass filter, flat or boosted voicing dials for modern and classic tones as well as a host of tone-altering switches. These comprise of 'bright' and 'deep' modes to bump the character and response in unique ways, as well as a switch to tailor the tone and input gain depending on your bass' pickups (active or passive).
Buffered Effects Loop
Indicative of a modern bass amp, the Mesa Boogie D-800+ boasts a buffered effects loop for seamless performance with external pedals - such as reverb, delay and modulation. If you love to use effects to colour your sound, the D-800+ serves as an excellent stompbox platform.
- Amp Type: Solid-State Preamp & Class D Power Amp
- Chassis Material: Aluminum
- Power Amp Power Devices: Class D Power Amp
- Wattage(s) Quick Reference: 800 Watts @ 4 or 2 Ohms / 400 Watts @ 8 Ohms
- Power Amp Details: Light-Weight, Compact Class D Power Amp with Protection & Limit LED Indicators
- Convection or Fan Cooling: Fan Cooled
- Instrument Input Options: 1x 1/4" with Active/Passive Switch
- Preamp Details: Solid-State Preamp featuring Input Gain with Clip Indicator (O/D LED), Variable High-Pass Filter (30Hz-150Hz), Variable Voicing (Flat to Vintage Scoop), Fully Active 4-Band EQ (+/- 12dB of Bass, Low-Mid, High-Mid, Treble) with Sweepable (variable) Low-Mid (150Hz-1800Hz) & High-Mid (300Hz-5000Hz) Frequency Controls with Deep Switch (for enhanced low-end) & Bright Switch (for enhanced top-end) and Master Volume
- Effects Loop: Fully Buffered Series FX Loop
- Direct Line Output (DI): Balanced XLR Out with Pre/Post, Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches
- Tuner Output / Mute: Tuner Output (back panel) with Play/Mute Switch (front panel) and External Mute Switching Jack (back panel) - See "Footswitch" in the Accessories Section for additional options
- External Switching Jack Options: External Switching Jack for Mute Mode
- Speaker Outputs: 2 - Speakon Output Jacks (no 1/4" speaker jacks) - 8, 4 or 2 Ohms
- Headphone Output: Headphone Output and Auxiliary Input
- Slip Cover: Included - Gig Bag with Shoulder Strap
Weight & Dimensions
- Weight: 6.3 Lbs.
- Height: 2.625"
- Width: 13.25"
- Depth: 10.15"