Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Here's what Martin say about the J-40:
Classic styling with a tight-waisted jumbo body shape, the J-40 is constructed from East Indian rosewood back and sides, a Sitka spruce top, and a hand-fit dovetail neck joint. It produces a tone that is beautifully balanced with powerful response and projection, enhancing the art of the singer-songwriter and session player. Boasting gold open geared tuners and Martin’s most comfortable high performance neck, this rare Martin body size has polished gloss finish and a Jumbo tone to set you apart.
- TOP COLOR: Aging Toner
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BINDING: Antique White
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 5/32"
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: White Plastic
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Pattern
- BRIDGE PIN DOTS: Abalone
- PICKGUARD INLAY: None
- SADDLE: Compensated Bone
- ROSETTE: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16"
- BACK MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- SIDE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- BRACING PATTERN: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- BRACE MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- BRACE SIZE: 5/16"
- BACK DETAIL: None
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: Style 45
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- HEELCAP: Antique White with Multi-Stripe
- ENDPIECE: Antique White
- SIDE INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Multi-Stripe
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- NECK MATERIAL: Genuine Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: Reduced Hexagon
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Abalone
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 14th Fret
- FINGERBOARD BINDING MATERIAL: Antique White with Multi-Stripe
- SIDE DOTS: Black
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- TUNING MACHINES: Gold Open Gear
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- KNOB: Butterbean
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Block Inlay
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADPLATE BINDING MATERIAL: Antique White with Multi-Stripe