Do you love looking after the planet but also want a guitar made from great sounding tonewood? Well Martin have created the OME Cherry just for you, in partnership with the Forest Stewardship Council.
All the woods involved in building the OME Cherry are sourced from sustainable forests, so you know they haven't chopped down a tree that's been standing for hundreds of years.
Body and neck
As well as being environmentally friendly, it's an incredible sounding guitar. Featuring a bright Sitka Spruce top and Cherry back and sides, you'll get a similar tone to that of Mahogany. A mellow midrange with the Spruce adding the bite.
The Mahogany neck gives the OME a nice colour variation and a fantastically rich Ebony fretboard sits on top. Embedded are true mother of pearl inlays, which stand out beautifully from the reserved finish.
A simple dovetail neck joint ensures complete stability you expect from a Martin-built guitar. While the comfortable Ebony bridge makes the OME effortless to play for extended periods of time.
The Fishman Matrix series is the world's best selling undersaddle preamp for acoustic guitars. They have an unrivalled quality and excellent placement, so as to not interfere with the guitar's look. Control volume and tone at the soundhole so your tone is as good through an amp as it is acoustically.
- BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- CONSTRUCTION: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: Satin
- BRACING PATTERN: X Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- BACK MATERIAL: Cherry
- NECK TAPER: High Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: Cherry
- ELECTRONICS: Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT1
- FRETS: 20, body joins at 14
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: FSC® Certified Ebony
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Mother of Pearl
- BINDING: Antique White
- TUNING MACHINES: Gold Open Gear
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: FSC® Certified African Blackwood
- CASE: Molded Hardshell