If you want or need a reduced size guitar that doesn't compromise on tone or volume then this might be for you. This model is exactly midway between Ed's Little Martin and a full-size Martin dreadnought. This model has got a fishman pickup installed so you can get up and gig with it straight out the box!
Martin's entry-level ranges, like the X Series, are made in Mexico. And to keep prices low, those X Series guitars, for example, use high pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides, multi-piece necks and Richlite synthetic fingerboards.
Like Taylor's Big Baby, the Dreadnought Junior is 15/16ths of the size of that DRS2 or any other contemporary Martin dreadnought. In reality, it's not much of a down-size: 360mm (14.2 inches) wide and 112mm (4.41 inches) deep as opposed to the full-size model being 397mm (15.6 inches) and 124mm (4.88 inches) deep.
- No. of Frets 20
- Hardware Black Richlite w/ compensated Tusq saddle, chrome enclosed tuners
- Available Finish Hand-applied natural oil
- Sides Material Solid sapele
- Neck Material Select hardwood; Richlite fingerboard
- Back Material Solid sapele
- Top Material Solid spruce
- Pickup: Fishman Sonitone