If you want a really great accoutic guitar with character and fantastic tone the Martin 000-15M could be the one for you. This simple mahogany parlour guitar sounds great and doesn't even try to do anything other than that! A real players' guitar, it exudes simply warm and balanced tone and leaves the rest to your expression.
The Martin 00015M Acoustic Guitar is a classic, with a design that looks like a rare relic from history with a modern feel. Since the company was founded, over 175 years ago, Martin has set more guitar design trends. The company still embraces classic design techniques, mixed with modern technology to create true classics. The Martin 00015M give you a great blend of vintage features and modern technology, all of which creates an acoustic guitar with amazing tone, great playability and classic Martin style.
The back, sides and top are bookmatched genuine mahogany with A-frame Sitka Spruce X-bracing and a traditional maple bridge-plate. The 14-fret neck is also genuine mahogany and it’s joined with an East Indian rosewood fingerboard and headplate. The traditional rosewood belly-bridge is fitted with a bone saddle, and the nut is fashioned from bone as well. The Martin 000-15M is embellished with a dark mahogany stain and a satin lacquer finish. The end result is a guitar of beauty and simplicity with a warm, rich mahogany voice.
Here's what Martin have to say about the 15 series
The 000-15M model continues the Martin tradition with a 000-14 fret body size, solid mahogany construction and a rich satin finish. Satisfy your desire with an affordable solid wood guitar that is visually distinctive and innovati
- MODEL: Martin 000-15M
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail
- BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- ROSETTE: Single Ring
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: A-Frame "X"
- TOP BRACES: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16"
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- NECK MATERIAL: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Square Taper
- HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-11/16"
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/8"
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Diamonds & Squares - Short Pattern
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Satin
- FINISH TOP: Satin
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- BRIDGE STYLE: Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-1/8"
- SADDLE: 16" Radius/Compensated/Bone
- TUNING MACHINES: Nickel Open-Geared w/ Butterbean Knobs
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin Studio Performance Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP4100)
- BRIDGE & END PINS: Solid Black Ebony
- PICKGUARD: Delmar Tortoise Color
- CASE: 330 Hardshell
Musicradar Acoustic Guitar of the Year 2010
Musicradar voted the Martin 00015M their acoustic guitar of the year 2010. Here's what they said:
Along with the Guitarist, Total Guitar and Guitar Techniques teams, we're lucky enough to get our hands on a breathtaking array of instruments over the course of a year, and sometimes its easy to become a little blasé as a result.
But occasionally there are guitars that nobody wants to put down. The 000-15M was one such instrument. Simple, understated, breathtakingly playable; a guitar for life. If there was a separate prize for the instrument that most people in the office lusted after in 2010, this beautiful little acoustic would win hands down.