The Martin 000-28 is one of the favourite acoustic guitars of Eric Clapton, and the basis for his own signature model he thinks so highly of it. That's praise indeed but the Martin 000-28 almost doesn't even need the endorsement such is its natural fame amongst guitarists.
Featuring a Solid Sitka Spruce top combined with solid Rosewood back and sides this sounds great. That combination of tonewoods gives you a tone that wonderfully rounded and warm with enough spring and brightness from the spruce to give you all the definition you could want.
Solid Construction - Smooth Tones
The Solid Sitka Spruce Top and Indian Rosewood back and sides give the 000-28 a rich and complex tone that is sweet and delicate when played quietly but with enough dynamic headroom to move a serious amount of air when given some energy. That means the Martin 000-28 affords you some of the most incredible acoustic guitar tones you are likely to ever hear. Nothing is spared in making this guitar an awesome example of one of the finest art forms in the music instrument business today: solid mahogany blocks, Boltaron binding and decorations, solid black ebony fingerboard, real bone nut.
Only one word can really describe the Martin 000-28: Legendary.
Here's what Martin have to say about the 000-28
Classic styling with a tight-waisted Auditorium body shape, the 000-28 has solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, a Sitka spruce top, polished gloss finish and a hand-fit dovetail neck joint. This model produces a rich and full-bodied tone, making it the ideal guitar for the intermediate and advanced player.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 28
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: Standard ''X''
- TOP BRACES: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- BACK PURFLING: Style 28
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: White Boltaron
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: White Boltaron
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- SIDE INLAY: none
- BACK INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Low Profile
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Raised Gold Foil
- HEELCAP: White Boltaron
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 24.9''
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-11/16''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/8''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Style 28
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: none
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss ; Sunburst available at additional cost.
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-1/8''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- TUNING MACHINES: Chrome Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Black Dots
- PICKGUARD: Black
- CASE: 630 Molded
- INTERIOR LABEL: none