Marcus Miller is one of the bass world's most renowned players, with a distinctive and technically proficient style that has set him apart from his contemporaries. In order to meet his particular demands, Miller teamed up with MarkBass to collaboratively design a bass head that could cover the huge range of styles he's accustomed to. And the Little Marcus is the result!
With MarkBass' acclaimed build quality and attention to detail, you can expect hugely powerful and punchy tones from this portable and lightweight 500W head. The Little Marcus has a simple front panel layout, ensuring that you can easily manipulate your tone on the fly. Despite its no-frills feature-set, this amazing amp does have a few tricks up its sleeve however...
With two EQ sections, you have plenty of flexibility at your disposal. EQ1 boasts a 5-band tone-shaping section, letting you adjust the essential areas of the bass guitar frequency spectrum. With super-versatile Ultralow and High Mid controls, you can tailor your sound to suit practically any venue. EQ2 is where it gets really interesting, with two filters - Old School and Millerizer. With the first letting you add a more vintage character to your tone, the Millerizer will introduce more definition and mid-range punch for slap playing.
Here's what MarkBass say about the Little Marcus 500w Bass Head:
Marcus Miller is renowned for his groundbreaking style and trademark sound, and Marco De Virgiliis is considered an innovator, pioneering MarkBass' lightweight, portable, powerful and great sounding bass heads and cabinets. The Marcus Miller signature series is the result of the meeting of these groundbreaking roads.
It has been really exciting for Marco, working and developing a series of products with Marcus, as since the moment he started building his very first amp he has been thinking about him. It’s not just an endorsement, but a dream coming true.
We have 100% satisfied him, and everyone will immediately recognise his sound in every product of his signature lineup. But these amps not only let you sound like him, they’ll also cover all the different tones you need, with no limits!
The Little Marcus in fact not only suits Marcus' needs and tastes, but is a great choice for any bassist that needs a head with clear definition, punch and dynamics, respecting the priority of tone like all the Little Mark heads.
It offers simple and very effective controls on EQ1, to tailor your sound for any kind of genres and styles. And the two new Old School and Millerizer filters featured on EQ2 were designed together closely with Marcus, to allow you to quickly obtain a vintage tone or an amazing slap sound.
- INPUT: impedance 500 Kohm, max. voltage 9 Vpp
- EFFECT RETURN: impedance 33 Kohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp
- GAIN: -46 dB to +23 dB range
- MASTER VOLUME
- LINE OUT LEVEL
- MUTE switch
- GROUND LIFT (switch on rear panel)
- PRE/POST EQ (switch on rear panel)
- FSW input for (optional) footswitch to turn on/off EQ1 and EQ2
- ULTRALOW: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 65Hz)
- LOW: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 180Hz)
- MID: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 500 Hz)
- HIGH MID: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 1.4 KHz)
- HIGH: Level ±16 dB (Freq. 3.8 KHz)
- OLD SCHOOL: Variable LOW PASS From 20KHz to 200Hz
- MILLERIZER: 5-12 KHz BAND PASS Filter (Level 0 /+10 dB)
- LINE OUT: balanced XLR, max. voltage 20 Vpp
- EFFECT SEND: unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
- TUNER OUT: unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp
- SPEAKER OUT: speakon/1/4" combo
- WEIGHT: 5.29 lbs / 2.4 Kg
- WIDTH: 10.87 in. / 27.6 cm
- DEPTH: 9.84 in. / 25 cm
- HEIGHT: 3.27 in. / 8.3 cm
- OUTPUT POWER: 500W RMS @ 4 ohms / 300W RMS @ 8 ohms
- POWER REQUIREMENT:100/120V; 230V; 240V - 50/60Hz (Voltage is factory preset according to region of sale)