If you're looking for a fuzz pedal that's easy to play with long sustain and a lot of tonal variations the Fire Red is for you. This pedal has a compressed, deep effect to allow equal sustain throughout the fretboard. The Tone control was specifically designed to allow tones from mellow fuzz, through slight midcut to thin bright fuzz.
Here's what Mad Professor have to say about this pedal
The FRF is not another variation of a classic fuzz design but an unique pedal with its own character and extremely versatile Tone control. It is great for recording different layers of Fuzz tones from haunting dark to cutting thin bright. What ever setting you use the tone is always very musical and controllable.
- VOLUME: Sets the level of distorted signal.
- FUZZ: Controls fuzz depth from just slight to heavy fuzz
- TONE: Controls EQ of fuzzed sounds: mellow to CCW rotation, slight midcut in mid position and thin fuzz to fully CW rotation.
- Supply voltage range: 7,5 to 18VDC
- Current consumption at 9VDC: 2,5 mA
- Input inpedance: 52K Ohm’s
- Output impedance: 50K Ohm’s
- Complete bypass (true bypass)