Every guitarist that uses an acoustic live needs a good acoustic DI and the kings of acoustic pickups have got just the thing. The session DI from LR Baggs is a studio grade DI that can give you that high quality recorded sound live.
Getting a live acoustic sound may seem simple, but it can be quite tricky to get right. The session DI has got a compression EQ knob that will balance all the frequencies coming from your acoustic so that you get a balanced and even sound with actually changing the EQ. And if you do need to dial out any booming low-mid frequencies then the Notch filter will give you the control to do so.
The biggest problem with a live acoustic sound is that often times, guitars can end up sounding quite thin. Especially if the mixing desk you're plugged into doesn't add any warmth to your tone. The Saturation knob will dial in a warmth to your acoustic sound to fatten up the high-mids giving you a clear but full bodied sound. Smaller body guitars will sound bigger as a result.
Here's What LR Baggs Say About The Session DI
Inspired by the LR Baggs Handcrafted Video Sessions and our experience in some of Nashville’s great studios, the Session Acoustic DI brings our signature studio sound to your live rig. The Session DI enhances your acoustic pickup and imparts the rich sonic character that you’d expect from an experienced audio engineer using some of the world’s finest studio gear. We’ve captured this studio magic and put it into a compact, easy-to-use DI that will transform your live sound.
Often used by studio engineers in post-production, saturation adds warmth, dimension, and pleasing harmonics while smoothing the signal for an enhanced mix. The Session DI’s proprietary saturation is voiced specifically for the acoustic guitar and transports studio analog warmth and inspiring playability to the stage.
Unlike standard compression that can squash the entire range of your signal, the Session DI’s Comp EQ features 3 narrowly focused bands of compression that tame common problematic frequencies and uncover the voice of your guitar. The low, mid, and high frequency compressors are essentially “touch-sensitive” EQs that respond in real-time to your dynamics. The harder you strum, the more they compress and vice versa.
- Analog Saturation enhances warmth and harmonic content
- Compression / EQ smoothes out common problem frequencies
- Garret Null notch filter tames resonate feedback
- Variable high-pass filter attenuates extraneous low frequencies
- VU meter visually optimizes gain for passive and active pickups
- Ground lift switch effectively eliminates ground-loop noise
- All discrete signal path with XLR and quarter inch outputs
- 48V phantom power, 9V battery or 9V DC powering options
- Rugged enclosure constructed of aluminum, steel and ABS plastic
- Mute footswitch for ¼” and XLR outs
- Includes custom LR Baggs carrying case