Here's What Ibanez Say About the PA300E
The new PA acoustic series from Ibanez aims to bring a new level of fine-tuned playability and tone to modern fingerstyle players. This line features a uniquely shaped asymmetrical jumbo body with slightly more surface area on the upper side of the body. This shape generates a rich low end, and offers easier access on the treble side for tapping, making this an optimal design for incorporating percussive elements. The bridge, and body cutaway are also specially shaped making them better suited as tapping surfaces so that multiple sounds and dynamic variations can be incorporated into the percussive playing elements. The PA series also utilizes a multiple pickup system featuring a contact pickup and stereo outputs. This electronics package creates an incredible array of sounds and the pickups are positioned in prime locations to capture the multifaceted nuances of fingerstyle playing.
Asymmetric jumbo body
Developed for modern fingerstyle players, the asymmetric jumbo body features a low-end focused sound and tapping friendly shape
Modified X-M Bracing
With several years spent on research and development, Ibanez ultimately developed the exciting, new X-M bracing design. The carefully designed scalloped X-bracing, features strategically positioned tone and finger braces, which transmit string vibration more efficiently through the bridge to the body, greatly enhancing the quality and projection of the sound. This modified X-M Bracing design creates a highly responsive sound with a wide dynamic range, but it also emphasizes a focused low-end, which perfectly complements modern fingerstyle playing.
25 3/4 inch scale
A 25 3/4 inch scale helps to maintain proper tension and pitch even while down tuning, a technique modern finger players often utilize. This scale-length also delivers improved sustain.
Ibanez AP11 Magnetic / T-bar Undersaddle / Contact pickups
The AP11 pickup is small, lightweight, and positioned so it won’t inhibit the natural vibrations of the top wood. The pickup generates a highly responsive sound with minimal feedback and delivers a lively response throughout the entire frequency range. The sound is transparent and reflects the guitar’s natural acoustic tone while preserving presence and mid-range. The AP11 also works well with effects such as reverb, chorus, and many others. The T-bar under-saddle pickup reduces noise and provides wide range of natural piezo-style sound. It also captures palm hits and delivers a bass drum-like response. Since it’s placed on the neck block, the Ibanez Block contact pickup is resistant to feedback and evenly captures percussive sound from the body to the neck. It also adds air and brightness to the piezo-style sound by capturing acoustic tones from within the body. The Contact pickup consists of three transducers facilitating organic individual note clarity and naturally reproduces percussive body tapping techniques. This pickup also adds an airy depth of tone and brightness to the amplified sound.
Ibanez Custom Electronics w/ Magnetic Pickup Volume, Undersaddle Pickup Volume and Contact Pickup Volume
Ibanez Custom Electronics amplify the signal of each pickup naturally throughout the entire tonal spectrum. Blending the sound of the three pickups allows the player to create a variety of tones to suit their particular playing style or genre of music.
Dual Outputs (Magnetic/Undersaddle/Contact pickup outputs)
- Plugged into the endpin jack only: Magnetic pickup + Undersaddle pickup + Contact pickup with mixed output
- Plugged into both the endpin jack and the open jack: Endpin Jack = Magnetic pickup output, Open Jack = Undersaddle + Contact pickup with Mixed output
- 5pc African Mahogany/Pau Ferro neck - The African Mahogany and Pau Ferro 5pc neck has enhanced durability.
- Macassar Ebony fretboard - Macassar Ebony produces tight lows and mid range along with strong attack in the highs and quick response with rich sustain.
- Jumbo frets - Jumbo frets contribute to smooth playability, especially for single-note playing.
- Solid German Spruce top - Solid German Spruce top offers sensitive tones and pristine clarity.
- Pau Ferro back and sides - Pau Ferro back and sides offer well-balanced tone with a full-bodied mid and high range.
- Macassar Ebony top loading bridge: For a better percussive sound, the Macassar Ebony bridge features a top loading system without a bridgepin. It also offers a fast and easy method for string changes.
- Gig bag included: Ibanez Gig bags are made out of durable materials.
- 5pc African Mahogany/Pau Ferro neck
- Macassar Ebony fretboard
- Jumbo frets
- Solid German Spruce top
- Pau Ferro back and sides
- Ibanez AP11 Magnetic / T-bar Undersaddle / Contact pickups
- Ibanez Custom Electronics w/ Magnetic Pickup Volume, Undersaddle Pickup Volume and Contact Pickup Volume
- Macassar Ebony top loading bridge
- Gig bag included
- Asymmetric jumbo body
- Modified X-M Bracing
- Dual Outputs (Magnetic/Undersaddle/Contact pickup outputs)
- 25 3/4 inch scale