The Headrush Looperboard is one of the most advanced and powerful standalone loopers on the market. With four stereo loop tracks, 4x4 ins/outs with intuitive audio routing, unlimited looping time, and advanced looping features, the Looperboard opens up a huge number of possibilities and applications. And with a suite of built-in effects for a range of instruments the Looperboard can act as an all-in-one studio and performance solution.
With the Looperboard you can record onto four stereo loop tracks via the four combo XLR/1/4-inch inputs. With these inputs, you can use the Looperboard with a wide variety of instruments from guitars and bass to keyboards, and with the built-in phantom power, it’s good for vocals too. With four inputs you can hook up four different instruments in mono or set up stereo looping. You can also choose to import audio files into your loops.
For the outputs, you get two XLR outs and as well as two ¼-inch outs. As with the inputs, you can set up four separate mono outputs, or you can go for full stereo output. This allows for a lot of flexibility thanks to the audio routing options such as sending the ¼-inch outputs to a couple of amps in stereo and the XLR outputs to an audio interface so you can record a live performance.
- 7-inch high-resolution touch display; powered by a custom quad-core DSP system
- Record up to 4 stereo or mono looper tracks at once with no maximum length limits
- Over 8 hours of internal storage with virtually unlimited expansion via USB/SD drives
- (4) combo XLR + ¼-inch inputs (mono, balanced) with switchable +48V phantom power
- (2) balanced XLR outputs (with switchable ground lift) and (2) balanced ¼-inch outputs (switchable between line and amp levels) can be configured in mono or stereo pairs
- Premium onboard FX for all instrument types including auto vocal harmony and tuning
- Auto BPM detection when recording a loop and when importing audio to a looper track
- Tap Tempo with Intelligent Time-Stretch feature changes tempo without affecting pitch
- Click feature with configurable output routing; Undo/Redo and Peel functionality
- 5-pin MIDI connections provide external MIDI control of Looperboard and the ability to send or receive MIDI clock to sync with other MIDI-enabled devices
- Built-in USB audio interface; includes Pro Tools | First: HeadRush Edition
- Over 300 built-in drum and percussion loops for getting started
When it comes to looping and backing tracks the Looperboard has no built-in time limits. The only limit is the internal storage which will give you over 8 hours of audio time. If you need more you can expand it by connecting a USB or SD drive and then your audio time is limited only by your external storage. If you’re looking to craft extended loops then Looperboard will give you all the time you need.
Advanced Looping Features
Unlike basic loopers which simply repeat what you played and how you played it, the Looperboard has advanced features for manipulating and perfecting the sound of your looped audio. The Looperboard offers DAW-level flexibility with its features such as stereo mixing and panning, tap tempo, intelligent time stretch, auto tempo detection, as well as quantising for ensuring your loops are always in time. No more constantly re-doing loops because you didn’t get it quite perfect! Additionally, imported loops can automatically be matched to the current tempo of your loop.
7-Inch High-Resolution Touch Screen
Thankfully Headrush has made it easy to browse and access all these features. The 7-inch high-resolution touch screen display is clear and responsive and the re-designed UI makes navigating the menu and functions a breeze.
RGB and Customisable Footswitches
Of course, the Looperboard also puts plenty of control at your feet so you don’t have to keep crouching down. There are 12 footswitches which feature informative RGB lights and control not only the standard looping functions but also a host of others. Features that can be accessed from the footswitches include loop length and speed, reverse, fade, transpose, undo/redo, clear, and more. You can also customise the top four start/stop footswitches to act as a shortcut to your favourite functions.
The Looperboard comes with a built-in suite of premium effects that can be used with a wide variety of instruments. The effects in the Looperboard include reverbs, delays, overdrive, distortions, wah, EQs, as well as less traditional effects like Slicer and Pumper. There are also the vocal harmony and tuning effects which allow you to instantly harmonise or alter the tuning of your voice.