The G2655T Streamliner Center Block Jr. with Bigsby is Gretsch’s ultimate affordable semi-hollow rocker! With its high output Broad’Tron BT-2S humbuckers and smaller, centre block semi-hollow body, there’s plenty of versatility but also some serious rock potential!
Center Block Jr. Body
The body design is what Gretsch call a “Center Block Jr.” These guitars are smaller than a regular Gretsch Center Block guitar and are a lot less cumbersome to play. The smaller body size, in combination with the chambered spruce center block, makes the guitar far more stable at higher volume and gain levels. Center Block Jrs are rock machines that allow you to enjoy the warmth and resonance of a semi-hollow without worrying about unwanted feedback, especially when you turn up the gain.
The neck on the guitar is comfortable to play thanks to a few things. The thin “U” profile neck has rounded shoulders which is great for playing chords and wrapping your thumb around the neck, but the thinner profile makes it less cumbersome than a traditional “U” shape neck. This thinner profile, in combination with the 12” radius fingerboard also makes single note runs a breeze.
Pickups and Hardware
This guitar is loaded with Gretsch’s Broad’Tron BT-2S humbuckers, designed specifically for the Streamliner Collection. These pickups are high output with good low, mid, and high-end response with plenty of clarity in the highs that balances well with the natural warmth of the body. The Broad’Tron BT-2S pickups are well suited for classic country sounds all the way to punchy rock tones.
The Bigsby B50 vibrato tailpiece helps complete the classic Gretsch aesthetic; not only does it look cool, the Bigsby allows you to throw some subtle pitch shifting into your playing.
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 10.625” (270mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.375” (340 mm)
- Waist: 8.625” (219mm)
- Neck: Nato, Thin “U”Neck
- Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Big Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast, Nickel
- Scale Length: 24.75” (629 mm)
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B50
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Pickups: Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Bridge), Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Color: Nickel