Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or check out our Help Centre.
The Jet has long been a staple of the Gretsch range, offering beautiful chambered-body tone without the associated size. In 2018, they've tweaked their specs for the Players Edition range, designed to offer unparalleled vintage class combined with modern playability!
The G6228FM employs Mahogany for both the body and neck, providing you with a weighty tone despite this guitar's more compact construction. An ebony fretboard combined with 22 medium jumbo frets means comfy, familiar playability, and the U-shaped neck profile means there's plenty to hold on to during those long sessions. In case you hadn't already noticed, this model comes topped with beautiful tiger flamed maple, adding a little bit of extra glamour to this already-luxurious instrument!
As with many of their 2018 guitars, this model boasts two Broad’Tron BT65 pickups in both the bridge and neck position; as the name suggests, they're designed to bring out the snappy clarity of the wood and smooth over the low-end in equal measure, giving you a broad tonal palette to play with. This means that although this guitar sounds great playing crispy blues and slick rockabilly, it'll be quite at home playing modern rock and funk too!
The ensemble is finished off with beautifully understated nickel hardware. The stylish and solid-feeling V-Stoptail bridge is nicely complemented by a set of Gotoh locking machine heads, sure to keep your tuning in check. This guitar really does sound as classy as it looks!
Here's what Gretsch say about the G6228FM Jet:
Power, Fidelity & Complete Tonal Control
The all-new G6228FM Players Edition Jet BT Single-Cut with "V" Stoptail gives you powerful overdrive and shimmering cleans at the stomp of a switch.
Chambered Mahogany Bodies — Thick and Acoustically Rich
Each Jet BT begins with a select 1.85” mahogany body with tiger flame maple top that produces a strong, balanced midrange while the chambered body delivers a smooth attack and extended bandwidth that is remarkably wide and harmonically rich.
Broad’Tron BT65 Pickups – Power & Fidelity
This powerful platform is fueled by all-new Gretsch Broad’Tron BT65 pickups. Designed by the famed Tim Shaw, the BT65 meticulously captures the guitar’s sonic palette and reproduces powerful mids, extended lows and an exceptionally clear, yet smooth high-end. The result is the perfect mixture of wall-shaking power and full-spectrum fidelity that delivers unparalleled overdrive and shimmering cleans — all at the stomp of a switch.
Players Edition Comfort, Control & Performance
The Jet BT comes equipped with the Players Edition premium feature set, providing you with total control of your tone.
- Tiger flame maple top with matching headcap
- Select mahogany body with modern chambering for a thick sonic profile that is astoundingly rich and acoustically resonant
- All-new Broad’Tron BT65 pickups amplify the body’s tone and meticulously reproduce its sonic power and full-spectrum fidelity
- 12” radius ebony fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and aged pearloid Big Block inlays
- No-load master tone pot with Squeezebox paper-inoil capacitor and master volume with treble bleed circuit give you complete tonal flexibility and control
- Full-access rolled cutaway, Gotoh® locking tuning keys, TUSQ XL nut and strap locks for ultimate tour-worthy comfort and performance
- Available in Bourbon Stain and Dark Cherry Stain