Here's what Gretsch say about the G6119T Players Edition Tennessee Rose Dark Cherry Stain:
A solid performer in any playing situation, from the studio to the stage, the Players Edition Tennessee Rose with String-Thru Bigsby takes a classic Gretsch model and updates it with modern player-oriented features that provide maximum performance while retaining the original sound and style that made it famous. Amazing sound, superbly comfortable feel and gorgeous aesthetics combine for a standout instrument that’s a wonderful addition to any guitar collection.
A pair of High Sensitive Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups graces the laminated maple body, providing pristine high end, glassy midrange, robust low end and balanced harmonics for tone that blends seamlessly with other instruments. A 12”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and striking pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays tops a maple neck with a comfortably familiar standard “U”-shaped profile for fluidly easy playing. The innovative Gretsch “ML” bracing is specifically voiced for this guitar, producing distinct tone by synchronizing the top and back vibrations for harmonious tone without clashing overtones.
The control complement—separate bridge and neck volume controls, three-way pickup switching, no-load tone control and master volume—allows for endless tonal variations. All new “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors add smooth vintage tone while the treble bleed circuit lets your guitar retain all of its tasty clarity when rolling the volume control down. Highly expressive, the Bigsby B6GP vibrato tailpiece and pinned “rocking” bar bridge combine with the GraphTech® Tusq XL nut for stable tuning. In a uniquely Gretsch touch, the Bigsby tailpiece is now string-through, making it quicker (and easier) to change strings as well as providing increased vibration transfer for enhanced sustain.
A treat for the eyes and ears, this guitar is a highly-tuned modern music machine—from the Schaller® locking tuning machines and “G Arrow” control knobs to the F Holes, gloss urethane finish and silver vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo. Hot-rodded for players who demand the best of the past and present, the Players Edition Tennessee Rose with String-Thru Bigsby is a pure powerhouse of sound. Includes a deluxe hardshell case.
- Model Name: G6119T Players Edition Tennessee Rose™ with String-Thru Bigsby®, Filter'Tron™ Pickups, Dark Cherry Stain
- Model Number: 2401412859
- Series: Gretsch® Professional Collection
- Family: Tennessee Rose™
- Color: Deep Cherry Stain
- Build: Hollow Body
- Cutaway: Single Cutaway
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Body Shape: Tennessee Rose™
- Bracing: ML Bracing
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Laminated Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut: Graph Tech® TUSQ XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Neo-Classic™ "Thumbnail"
- Headstock: Late '50s Gretsch
- Neck Plate: NA
- Bridge Pickup: High Sensitive Filter'Tron™
- Neck Pickup: High Sensitive Filter'Tron™
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: FT/FT
- Bridge: Rocking Bar with Pinned Rosewood Base
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Pickguard: Silver Plexi with Gretsch® Logo
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
- Included Accessories: 099-6411-000 G6241 16" Deluxe Hollow Body Hardshell Case, Black