Gretsch G6128T-GH George Harrison Duo Jet
OUT OF STOCK
This item is out of stock. We can special order this item from our supplier.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 2799 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
The Gretsch G6128T-GH George Harrison Signature Duo Jet is based on the George Harrison's first 'decent guitar' which he bought second hand in the early 1960s. The mahogany body is chambered to help this Duo Jet on its way to the classic semi-hollow Gretsch sound. The fundamental fullbodied rounded tone of the mahogany is given sparkle and air by the maple top: a classic combination for beautiful refined tone that's perfect for a huge range of styles.
The single coil DynaSonic pickups pick up from there with awesome vintage tone that screams 60s and yet at the same time have the same dynamic sensetivity you would expect of a modern pickup
Styling is also vintage although its also nicely understated, reliving the simple look of Harrison's original jet. The quality hardware includes a true Bigsby-Gretsch trem with a black 'Phillips head' tremolo arm.
The Bigsby is one of the smoothest tremolo systems ever made and has been used by countless artists to create subtle movement in chords and sweet bends. Nothing quite feels like Bigsby tremolo due to the single large spring that creates the movement evenly across all of the strings. If you have loved the sounds of pop and rock throughout the 50's and 60's chances are you have heard plenty of Bigsby playing.
This guitar is built very closely to the same design as the 1955 original. The body has been crafted out of Mahogany with chambering to keep the weight down and add this woods, resonant tone in the midrange that is similar to what you get out of semi hollow guitars.
The neck is like the body made out of Mahogany and has been carved to the usual Gretsch specs of a 24.6" scale length with an Ebony 12" radius fretboard for smooth playing action to suit all players.
Here's what Gretsch say about the G6128T-GH George Harrision Signature Duo Jet
Gretsch celebrates the legacy of George Harrison with the G6128T-GH George Harrison SIGNATURE Duo Jet guitar, modeled on the instrument that the legendary guitarist often referred to as his "first real decent guitar." Features include distinctive appointments and modifications found on Harrison's original 1957 Gretsch Duo Jet, which he purchased secondhand in the very early 1960s. These include a lightweight mid-'50s-style chambered body, all-BLACK color scheme (arched maple top, mahogany back and sides, and back of the one-piece mahogany neck), Bigsby B3C tailpiece with a black Phillips head tremolo arm pivot bolt, and an offset strap button on lower bout. Other features include three-ply body binding (white-black-white), single-ply white neck and headstock binding, 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with 12" radius and hump-block pearloid inlays, two single-coil DynaSonic pickups, vintage-style "rocking bar" bridge with rosewood base, silver plexi pickguard, chrome-plated Grover V98CM Sta-Tite tuners, Gretsch "G" arrow control knobs, chrome-plated hardware, Harrison's signature on the truss rod cover and a premium tweed case.
- Model Name: G6128T-GH George Harrison SIGNATURE Duo Jet
- Series: Professional Collection
- Body Material: Mahogany Back, 3-Ply Maple Top
- Body Shape: Jet
- Body Back: Semi-Hollow Chambered Mahogany Back
- Body Sides: Semi-Hollow Chambered Mahogany Sides
- Body Top: 3-Ply Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Depth: 2" (50.8 mm)
- Body Length: 18.12" (46 cm)
- Body Width Upper Bout: 10.37" (26.34 cm)
- Body Width Lower Bout: 13.37" (33.96 cm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Standard
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Hump-Block Inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" Radius (305 mm)
- Head Stock Binding: White, 1-Ply
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.6" (62.5 cm)
- Headstock: Jet Style
- Neck Binding: White, 1-Ply
- Truss Rods: Yes
- Truss Rod Nut: 5/16" (7.9375 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: DynaSonic Single-Coil Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: DynaSonic Single-Coil Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Chrome-Plated
- Tuning Machines: Grover V98CM Sta-Tite Die-cast Tuners
- String Nut: Bone
- Switch Tips: Chrome
- Truss Rod Wrench: 5/16" Socket (7.9375 mm)
- Strings: D'Addario XL110 Regular Light, NPS (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Mid-'50s body chamber style, all BLACK color scheme (body top, back and sides & back of neck), B6C Bigby tailpiece with black "phillips-head" trem arm pivot bolt, off-set mounted strap carrage bolt on butt of body.
- Case Gig Bags: G6276 Premium Tweed Case
- Included Accessories: G6276 Premium Tweed Case
- Control Knobs: "G" Arrow Knobs
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable