Here’s What Gretsch Say About the Streamliner G2655-P90 Center Block Jr. Double-Cut
The exhilarating Gretsch® G2655-P90 Streamliner™ Center Block Jr. Double-Cut P90 with V-Stoptail is designed for three simple things—high gain-friendly performance, slick, easy playability and spectacular style. A sleek music machine, the G2655-P90 cranks out the hits with updated features while staying true to That Great Gretsch Sound!™ that’s been a vital component of rock ‘n’ roll since its inception.
The G2655-P90’s sound is the perfect blend of brash and brawn with a chambered spruce center block driven to the limit by all-new Gretsch FideliSonic™ 90 pickups. These single-coil FideliSonic 90 pickups retain the full warm tone of a traditional P90 with a distinct top-end that is articulate and well-defined. A lightweight spruce center block runs the length of the mahogany body, reinforcing the arched top while eliminating undesired feedback for volume-friendly performance on modern stages.
The Streamliner’s sonic power is harnessed and shaped by the traditional control layout—neck and bridge pickup volume controls, a master tone control, master volume control and three-way pickup switching. The V-Stoptail can withstand the heavier styles of playing, while the anchored Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and synthetic bone nut grant astounding tuning stability and accurate, slip-free intonation.
A fast-playing 12”-radius laurel fingerboard with unique oval inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets sits atop the white-bound nato neck with a thin “U”-shaped profile—ideal for chord work or fiery riffing.
Classic ‘50s and ‘60s Gretsch eye-catching style is also here—all-new “radio arrow” control knobs, enlarged F-holes for increased acoustic projection, stylized pickup bezels, elegant aged white binding with upgraded purfling, one-ply black pickguard, slick-looking nickel hardware and standout finishes including Brownstone and Claret Burst. Easy to play while rocking out thanks to its smaller 14” body, the G2655-P90 is a phenomenal instrument for the modern musician who wants to control the stage and the audience while standing out from the pack.
- Collection: Streamliner™
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 10.625” (270 mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.375” (340 mm)
- Waist: 8.625” (219.08 mm)
- Neck: Nato, Thin “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Oval
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 24.75” (629 mm)
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: V-Stoptail
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black with Gold Gretsch® Logo
- Pickups: FideliSonic™ 90 (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Gretsch® Radio Arrow
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)